Insulting the islam is allowed on nl: wikipedia

Insulting the islam is allowed on nl: wikipedia

Walter van Kalken
On nl: wikipedia we have a user (Torero) who under him quoting the
rights of freedom of speech is insulting the islam and everyone who
doesn't think like him on a regular basis.

Today he wrote:

http://nl.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Overleg:DemoCrates.net&diff=3011551&oldid=3011315

Allah Akbar is almost the same as Heil Hitler.

This is not the first time he did this. He has insulted the islam and
muslims on multiple occasions. Also he constantly accuses people of
being leftwing etc.

Unfortunately this is "tolerated" on nl: by the mods and anyone else who
do not dare to pose an opposition against these kind of users. And
everytime he apologises some time later. But what does an apology count
for if he keeps on repeating himself time and time again. And again a
user who happens to be muslim is going on wikibreak because of this.

Freedom of speech ?????

Waerth/Walter

Re: Insulting the islam is allowed on nl: wikipedia

Erik Moeller-2
Hello Waerth,

this sounds like a case for an Arbitration Committee or other dispute
resolution processes within the Dutch Wikipedia. Do such processes exist?

Best,

Erik

Erik Moeller wrote:

> Hello Waerth,
>
> this sounds like a case for an Arbitration Committee or other dispute
> resolution processes within the Dutch Wikipedia. Do such processes exist?
>
> Best,

That is a problem they do not, They are being discussed for a year now.

Waerth/Walter

Re: Insulting the islam is allowed on nl: wikipedia

oscar-11
fyi i have removed the inadmissable remark and issued an official warning
now.

oscar

ps let us no longer use this list for issues to be dealt with in the
nl-community, ok?