Integrate another application with MediaWiki

Integrate another application with MediaWiki

Raphael HUCK
Hi all,

I'm trying to integrate another PHP application with MediaWiki (Noah's
Classified).

I'd like the users to be able to subscribe only once on the MediaWiki,
and be able to login only once on the MediaWiki, and be able to access
Noah's Classifieds without having to log in again or have a separate
account.

What is the right way to do it ? Do I have to modify the code of
MediaWiki or the code of the other application ? Is it possible to write
an extension so that when I update the MediaWiki I don't have to modify
again ?

Thanks in advance.

--Raphael HUCK

Re: Integrate another application with MediaWiki

Rob Church
Modify either one to use the same password hashing method as the
other, and to authenticate against the other's database. Note that
MediaWiki can accept an authentication plugin (see
includes/AuthPlugin.php and Google around a bit) which means it might
be easier to alter MediaWiki.

Rob Church