Integrating "who's been awesome?" functionality to MediaWiki

Integrating "who's been awesome?" functionality to MediaWiki

Eranga Mapa
Dear Mr James Alexander,

I am Eranga. I'm a 3rd year Computer Science and Engineering undergraduate
at University of Moratuwa Sri Lanka. I am interested in participating in
gsoc 2012 programme with MediaWiki. Currently I'm developing a multimedia
extension for MediaWiki which synchronize videos with other content. I went
through the gsoc idea list in MediaWiki  gsoc 2012 page. Among those ideas,
I'm interested in "who's been awesome?" idea which has been published by
you. I want to know weather someone is already working on this idea.If it
is still available, I'm keen to start development with it with your
support.

Thank You

Undergraduate Computer Science and Engineering
University of Moratuwa
Student Member IEEE

Re: Integrating "who's been awesome?" functionality to MediaWiki

James Alexander-4
Thanks Eranga!

It's great to see people interested so early and I'd love to share some of
my ideas and see what yours are. This weekend I will get together the notes
and mockups I made earlier and send you an email offlist.

James

On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 12:17 AM, Eranga Mapa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Mr James Alexander,
>
> I am Eranga. I'm a 3rd year Computer Science and Engineering undergraduate
> at University of Moratuwa Sri Lanka. I am interested in participating in
> gsoc 2012 programme with MediaWiki. Currently I'm developing a multimedia
> extension for MediaWiki which synchronize videos with other content. I went
> through the gsoc idea list in MediaWiki  gsoc 2012 page. Among those ideas,
> I'm interested in "who's been awesome?" idea which has been published by
> you. I want to know weather someone is already working on this idea.If it
> is still available, I'm keen to start development with it with your
> support.
>
> Thank You
>

> Undergraduate Computer Science and Engineering
> University of Moratuwa
> Student Member IEEE

James Alexander
Manager, Merchandise
Wikimedia Foundation
(415) 839-6885 x6716 @jamesofur

Re: Integrating "who's been awesome?" functionality to MediaWiki

Sumana Harihareswara-2
James, thanks for your responsiveness! But please do that response
onlist so it's easy to link to & for other people to chime in. :-)

Eranga, tell us more about your multimedia extension for MediaWiki that
synchronizes videos with other content!  A link to the extension would
be great.

Sumana Harihareswara
Volunteer Development Coordinator
Wikimedia Foundation