Interesting Press Release found by Bawolff I thought I'd share

Interesting Press Release found by Bawolff I thought I'd share

J Alexandr Ledbury-Romanov
No comment. Really, just no comment. http://www.pr-inside.com/andy-martin-says-that-wikipedia-and-r1636647.htm

Александр Дмитрий
Alexandr Dmitri

Re: Interesting Press Release found by Bawolff I thought I'd share

brian.mcneil-2
On Wed, 2009-12-23 at 05:23 -0500, Alexandr Romanov wrote:
> No comment. Really, just no comment.
> http://www.pr-inside.com/andy-martin-says-that-wikipedia-and-r1636647.htm

PR-INSIDE, or as I believe they used to be, PR NEWSWIRE, will run
anything. If you wanted to put on a BOFH hat you could probably get a
fake press release on there about your family pet dying.

There's room for some "fun" original/investigative reporting in there.
You could set up a spoof company, run some releases through them, then
talk to business news editors at a few papers (some like this outfit
advertise they get your PR to these people) and find out what happens to
unsolicited emails from such services.

--
Brian McNeil <[hidden email]>
Wikinewsie.org