Interwikis for Categories Based on Interwikis for Articles

Interwikis for Categories Based on Interwikis for Articles

Eugene Zelenko
Hi!

I think will be good idea to improve interwikis bot to add guessing of
categories interwikis based on interwikis for articles with same name.
In many cases (countries, cities, administrative units, science
topics, etc) there is big probability that article and category with
same name will mean same thing. Also inclusion of article into
category with same name could be added as safeguard.

Eugene.

Re: Interwikis for Categories Based on Interwikis for Articles

FlaBot
Take a look at http://toolserver.org/~flacus/IWLC/.

I will bot the data with my flabot.

Today i put up fresh data !

Greetings

Re: Interwikis for Categories Based on Interwikis for Articles

Andre Engels
On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 5:11 AM, Eugene Zelenko <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think will be good idea to improve interwikis bot to add guessing of
> categories interwikis based on interwikis for articles with same name.
> In many cases (countries, cities, administrative units, science
> topics, etc) there is big probability that article and category with
> same name will mean same thing. Also inclusion of article into
> category with same name could be added as safeguard.

The safeguard in this case should be the bot operator having to say
yes or no to each proposed link. Apart from that this sounds like a
good idea.

--
Andre Engels, [hidden email]
ICQ: 6260644 -- Skype: a_engels

Re: Interwikis for Categories Based on Interwikis for Articles

Maksim-7
Hello!

>Take a look at http://toolserver.org/~flacus/IWLC/.
>I will bot the data with my flabot.

You should ask if the articles are about the same only if they have not interwiki to any the same language.

Example it demands about

http://eo.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Monchy-Cayeux&oldid=1601554

and

http://pt.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Monchy-Cayeux&oldid=11204530

It is not nesesssary, both have link to [[:es]].

Maksim