Invitation to Participate in Wikipedia Survey

Invitation to Participate in Wikipedia Survey

Bo Xu-5
Dear Wikipedian,

We, Prof. Bo Xu at Fudan University in China and Prof. Dahui Li at University of Minnesota Duluth, are interested in why and how people contribute to Wikipedia. You could make an important contribution to this research by completing a questionnaire at http://labovitz.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3h4hthRyOWKxZVa.  The survey is completely voluntary. All the data will be kept confidential. Your assistance in answering this questionnaire is highly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Bo Xu
School of Management
Fudan University

Re: Invitation to Participate in Wikipedia Survey

Bod Notbod
On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 3:43 PM, Bo Xu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We, Prof. Bo Xu at Fudan University in China and Prof. Dahui Li at University of Minnesota Duluth, are interested in why and how people contribute to Wikipedia. You could make an important contribution to this research by completing a questionnaire at http://labovitz.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3h4hthRyOWKxZVa.  The survey is completely voluntary. All the data will be kept confidential. Your assistance in answering this questionnaire is highly appreciated.

I was about to take it but it looks familiar. Did you invite people to
complete this questionnaire before a couple of months or so ago? I
don't mind completing it but I assume you don't want people completing
it twice.

Also, will you be making your results public? Or at least to the Foundation?

en.User:Bodnotbod

Re: Invitation to Participate in Wikipedia Survey

Tom Morris-5
On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 15:43, Bo Xu <[hidden email]> wrote:
> We, Prof. Bo Xu at Fudan University in China and Prof. Dahui Li at University of Minnesota Duluth, are interested in why and how people contribute to Wikipedia. You could make an important contribution to this research by completing a questionnaire at http://labovitz.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3h4hthRyOWKxZVa.  The survey is completely voluntary. All the data will be kept confidential. Your assistance in answering this questionnaire is highly appreciated.

In Part C:

13. When decisions are made about ranking and credit, the managers
treat us with kindness and consideration.
14. When decisions are made about ranking and credit, the managers
treat us with respect and dignity.

There are no "managers", just the community.

--
Tom Morris
<http://tommorris.org/>