Invitation to Participate in Wikipedia Survey

Invitation to Participate in Wikipedia Survey

Bo Xu-5
Dear Wikipedian,

We, Prof. Bo Xu at Fudan University in China and Prof. Dahui Li at University of Minnesota Duluth, are interested in why and how people contribute to Wikipedia. You could make an important contribution to this research by completing a questionnaire at http://labovitz.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3h4hthRyOWKxZVa.  The survey is completely voluntary. All the data will be kept confidential. Your assistance in answering this questionnaire is highly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Bo Xu
School of Management
Fudan University

Re: Invitation to Participate in Wikipedia Survey

Bejinhan
Hi Bo Xu,

I took the survey. Just wanted to point out that some of the questions are
not that relevant to the majority of Wikipedians. For example, questions
such as Wikipedians being "transferred", managers assigning ranks and
credit, etc... The majority of us contributors don't work in the San
Francisco office.

Best,
Evangeline

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 4:27 PM, Bo Xu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Wikipedian,
>
> We, Prof. Bo Xu at Fudan University in China and Prof. Dahui Li at
> University of Minnesota Duluth, are interested in why and how people
> contribute to Wikipedia. You could make an important contribution to this
> research by completing a questionnaire at
> http://labovitz.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3h4hthRyOWKxZVa.  The survey is
> completely voluntary. All the data will be kept confidential. Your
> assistance in answering this questionnaire is highly appreciated.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Bo Xu
> School of Management
> Fudan University

Re: Invitation to Participate in Wikipedia Survey

Ev. Jorgen.
I have taken the survey; I agree with Evangeline that some of my answers to
the questions will be of little use because they did not apply.