Is it possible to add my own rvprop=... for prop=revisions?

Is it possible to add my own rvprop=... for prop=revisions?

Andrew Dunbar
I know a MediaWiki extension can add its own api.php action=... but
can I add my own rvprop=... for action=query&prop=revisions?

I'd like to experient with creating some Wiktionary-specific APIs that
can parse the article format and return grammatical information on
words.

Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail)

Re: Is it possible to add my own rvprop=... for prop=revisions?

Roan Kattouw
---- Andrew Dunbar <[hidden email]> schrijft:
> I know a MediaWiki extension can add its own api.php action=... but
> can I add my own rvprop=... for action=query&prop=revisions?
>
> I'd like to experient with creating some Wiktionary-specific APIs that
> can parse the article format and return grammatical information on
> words.

That's kind of non-standard, but it's probably doable. What you want to do is subclass ApiQueryRevisions [1], override whichever function is responsible for what you want to add to, and set $wgAPIPropModules['revisions'] = 'MyClass'; Hint: use parent::methodName() instead of duplicating core code.

Roan Kattouw (Catrope)

[1] http://svn.wikimedia.org/doc/classApiQueryRevisions.html