Is this List alive or Dead ?

Zubin JAIN
Hi,
Is this list alive?
I'm curious because the archive records the last message back in
October 2017

Re: Is this List alive or Dead ?

Amir E. Aharoni
Dead for over ten years.

Most of the traffic is on Wikimedia-L.

Nobody will notice if it's closed.

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬

> Hi,
> Is this list alive?
> I'm curious because the archive records the last message back in
> October 2017

Re: Is this List alive or Dead ?

Zubin JAIN
Somebody should update the mailing list and other introductory editors
articles given that the mailing list is recommended in it

On 20 February 2018 at 20:27, Amir E. Aharoni <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Dead for over ten years.
>
> Most of the traffic is on Wikimedia-L.
>
> Nobody will notice if it's closed.

> http://aharoni.wordpress.com
> ‪“We're living in pieces,
> I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬

> > Hi,
> > Is this list alive?
> > I'm curious because the archive records the last message back in
> > October 2017

Re: Is this List alive or Dead ?

Fred Bauder-2
The way to test it is to post an interesting message. I think there are probably many better places to post something interesting. Valuable archive here from the early days so we need to keep it though. It was very active in 2003.

Fred

I'm curious because the archive records the last message back in
October 2017

Re: Is this List alive or Dead ?

Fred Bauder-2
Could you make a list of pages that need to be changed if you are not an administrator yourself. I assume the pages might be protected.

Fred

wrote:

> Dead for over ten years.
>
> Most of the traffic is on Wikimedia-L.
>
> Nobody will notice if it's closed.

> http://aharoni.wordpress.com
> ‪“We're living in pieces,
> I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬

> > Hi,
> > Is this list alive?
> > I'm curious because the archive records the last message back in
> > October 2017

Re: Is this List alive or Dead ?

Federico Leva (Nemo)
FRED BAUDER, 20/02/2018 16:35:
> The way to test it is to post an interesting message.

Indeed.

Federico

Re: Is this List alive or Dead ?

metasj
Top-posting: has it come back?

On Feb 20, 2018 9:39 AM, "Federico Leva (Nemo)" <[hidden email]> wrote:

FRED BAUDER, 20/02/2018 16:35:

The way to test it is to post an interesting message.

Indeed.

Federico

Re: Is this List alive or Dead ?

Fred Bauder-2
See, 20 years and no progress! Still complaining about top-posting.Fred

Re: Is this List alive or Dead ?

Kim Bruning
Fred Bauder wrote:
>Sam Klein wrote:
>> Top-posting: has it come back?
> See, 20 years and no progress! Still complaining about top-posting.Fred

I've pretty much given up on proper e-mail. Everyone and their
pet goldfish top posts now.  (some people even complain,
COMPLAIN; when you don't Top Post. :-( )

Back on thread topic: if us grand[p|m]as want to tell all the kids to
get off our lawn, first we need to have a lawn.

Or, in other words, can we repurpose this list to something still
useful? It _is_ kind of historical. For instance, it could be used as
a sort of alt.wikipedia.recovery [1], perhaps.

sincerely,
        Kim
[1] Any resemblence to the scary devil monastery, living or dead, is
purely intentional.

Re: Is this List alive or Dead ?

Fred Bauder-2
This was THE list in the early days. The archive should definitely be saved and accessible and the best way to do that is just keep it.

Fred

> See, 20 years and no progress! Still complaining about top-posting.Fred

I've pretty much given up on proper e-mail. Everyone and their
pet goldfish top posts now.  (some people even complain,
COMPLAIN; when you don't Top Post. :-( )

Back on thread topic: if us grand[p|m]as want to tell all the kids to
get off our lawn, first we need to have a lawn.

Or, in other words, can we repurpose this list to something still
useful? It _is_ kind of historical. For instance, it could be used as
a sort of alt.wikipedia.recovery [1], perhaps.

sincerely,
        Kim
[1] Any resemblence to the scary devil monastery, living or dead, is
purely intentional.

Re: Is this List alive or Dead ?

The Cunctator
Agreed.