Is this list still useful?

Tim McCormack
I haven't seen any new messages on this list for a very long time; all I get at
the owner address is copious spam. I think the list should probably be
mothballed. If not, I'd be interested in giving up ownership.

 - Tim McCormack

Re: Is this list still useful?

Pharos-3
Well, I think it would kind of be a shame if there was no forum at all
for discussing US chapter activities and future plans.

Is there a way to revitalize this, or maybe developing some alternate
forum for these discussions?

FYI, this is the long-term strategy I've been playing with:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_United_States_Chapters_Council

Thanks,
Richard
(User:Pharos)
Wikimedia New York City
http://nyc.wikimedia.org

On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 11:17 PM, Tim McCormack <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I haven't seen any new messages on this list for a very long time; all I get at
> the owner address is copious spam. I think the list should probably be
> mothballed. If not, I'd be interested in giving up ownership.
>
>  - Tim McCormack

Re: Is this list still useful?

Joe Castleman-3
FWIW: This was the first message I remember receiving from this mailing list in a very long time.  (Perhaps that was the point?)  It was a digest with 12 messages going back to 2008.

I would imagine that a Wikimedia page (and/or talk page) could serve the same (centralized) function.