Issue with multiple language installation

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Issue with multiple language installation

edward molasses
Hello

I have been trying to setup a MediaWiki installation (v 1.5.5) with 4
different languages (a separate MediaWiki for each language) but I've
had some trouble. The first language installation I setup is fine, but
with subsequent installations, the Navigation menu is displayed in the
language of the first installation (so German was my first installation
and French was my second, but the Navigation menu of my French
installation was in German). I was wondering if this might be caused by
choosing eAccelerator as the caching program during installation? Or it
would be a great help if anyone could point me in the right direction to
solving this.

thanks,
Andrew.
_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Issue with multiple language installation

Brion Vibber
edward molasses wrote:

> I have been trying to setup a MediaWiki installation (v 1.5.5) with 4
> different languages (a separate MediaWiki for each language) but I've
> had some trouble. The first language installation I setup is fine, but
> with subsequent installations, the Navigation menu is displayed in the
> language of the first installation (so German was my first installation
> and French was my second, but the Navigation menu of my French
> installation was in German). I was wondering if this might be caused by
> choosing eAccelerator as the caching program during installation? Or it
> would be a great help if anyone could point me in the right direction to
> solving this.
If you are using a shared cache system (memcached or the turck/eaccelerator
internal cache), make sure that each wiki is in its own database. The database
name is used as a disambiguator in the cache.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)


_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l

signature.asc (257 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Issue with multiple language installation

edward molasses
Brion Vibber wrote:

>edward molasses wrote:
>  
>
>>I have been trying to setup a MediaWiki installation (v 1.5.5) with 4
>>different languages (a separate MediaWiki for each language) but I've
>>had some trouble. The first language installation I setup is fine, but
>>with subsequent installations, the Navigation menu is displayed in the
>>language of the first installation (so German was my first installation
>>and French was my second, but the Navigation menu of my French
>>installation was in German). I was wondering if this might be caused by
>>choosing eAccelerator as the caching program during installation? Or it
>>would be a great help if anyone could point me in the right direction to
>>solving this.
>>    
>>
>
>If you are using a shared cache system (memcached or the turck/eaccelerator
>internal cache), make sure that each wiki is in its own database. The database
>name is used as a disambiguator in the cache.
>
>-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
>
>  
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>_______________________________________________
>Wikitech-l mailing list
>[hidden email]
>http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
>
I have used a shared database for the installations, so I will give it a
try with different databases. Thank you very much!

Andrew.
_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l