January London Wikimeet on the 15th rather than 8th?

January London Wikimeet on the 15th rather than 8th?

Tom Morris-5
Any thoughts on running the London Wikimeet on January the 15th rather
than January the 8th.

The first Sunday in January is New Year's Day.

But more importantly, the third Sunday in January is Wikipedia Day!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Day

There are plans afoot to have something in the U.S., so if we were to
have the London Wikimeet on the 15th, we could make Wikipedia Day
international. And without any extra effort: just turning up in the
pub and eating, drinking and being merry.

And we'll see how long everyone's new year's resolutions (new page
patrolling!) have gotten on.

--
Tom Morris
<http://tommorris.org/>

Re: January London Wikimeet on the 15th rather than 8th?

Thomas Dalton
That makes sense to me.

On 29 November 2011 17:54, Tom Morris <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Any thoughts on running the London Wikimeet on January the 15th rather
> than January the 8th.
>
> The first Sunday in January is New Year's Day.
>
> But more importantly, the third Sunday in January is Wikipedia Day!
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Day
>
> There are plans afoot to have something in the U.S., so if we were to
> have the London Wikimeet on the 15th, we could make Wikipedia Day
> international. And without any extra effort: just turning up in the
> pub and eating, drinking and being merry.
>
> And we'll see how long everyone's new year's resolutions (new page
> patrolling!) have gotten on.
>
> --
> Tom Morris
> <http://tommorris.org/>

Re: January London Wikimeet on the 15th rather than 8th?

James Forrester-5
And me. So... done: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Meetup/London/53

On 29 November 2011 18:23, Thomas Dalton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That makes sense to me.
>
> On 29 November 2011 17:54, Tom Morris <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Any thoughts on running the London Wikimeet on January the 15th rather
>> than January the 8th.
>>
>> The first Sunday in January is New Year's Day.
>>
>> But more importantly, the third Sunday in January is Wikipedia Day!
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Day
>>
>> There are plans afoot to have something in the U.S., so if we were to
>> have the London Wikimeet on the 15th, we could make Wikipedia Day
>> international. And without any extra effort: just turning up in the
>> pub and eating, drinking and being merry.
>>
>> And we'll see how long everyone's new year's resolutions (new page
>> patrolling!) have gotten on.
>>
>> --
>> Tom Morris
>> <http://tommorris.org/>

James D. Forrester
[hidden email] | [hidden email]
[[Wikipedia:User:Jdforrester|James F.]]

Re: January London Wikimeet on the 15th rather than 8th?

Gordon Joly
On 29/11/2011 22:37, James Forrester wrote:
> And me. So... done:https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Meetup/London/53

Excellent!

Gordo

--