JarlaxleArtemis/Grawp

1234 ... 6

JarlaxleArtemis/Grawp

Fran Rogers-2
You all may remember [[User:JarlaxleArtemis]], who has been "editing" the
English Wikipedia since 2004, at age 15. Originally he was an apparently
good-faith editor, but was sanctioned by ArbCom in early 2005 for somewhat
immature outbursts, copyright violations, and erratic behavior; eventually
he pulled such stunts as putting his teacher's e-mail address on his
userpage encouraging people to harass the "fucking bitch," e-mail bombing
people who deleted his copyvios, and finally impersonating users and
vandalizing with what would come to be hundreds of sockpuppets, all while
claiming to be the victim. He was banned:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_arbitration/JarlaxleArte
mis_2

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:Linuxbeak/Admin_stuff/Jarlaxl
eArtemis
<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:Linuxbeak/Admin_stuff/Jarlax
leArtemis&action=edit&oldid=117471376> &action=edit&oldid=117471376

He sockpuppeted and vandalized for a while after that, but apparently
disappeared in 2006. One would have hoped maybe he grew out of his teenage
phase and decided to get on with doing something productive instead.

But sadly, the story doesn't end there. In mid-2007, he reappeared with a
new "persona"... the move-vandal "Grawp." Unlike his ostensible predecessor
Willy on Wheels, who at least had a harmless light-hearted flair to him, as
"Grawp" Jarlaxle relished in specifically targeting users and sticking their
personal information (usually gleaned from Daniel Brandt's website) in his
page-move titles along with death threats and rape threats. Eventually we
discovered that Grawp was in fact JarlaxleArtemis, and he only got more
persistent and venomous (probably because as Jarlaxle, he was very open
about his real-life identity and location himself.)

About a week ago, having been one of Jarlaxle's recent targets, I decided to
take matters into my own hand, and found his mother's contact information
and wrote to her to inform her of the awful misdeeds her son's been up to.
(While Jarlaxle is 19, he lives with his mother, and performs most of his
vandalism from her Internet connection.) Instead of replying to me, however,
she complained to OTRS that I was falsely accusing her son, who she insisted
was JarlaxleArtemis but not Grawp. Jarlaxle then proceeded to prove her
wrong... by vandalizing multiple wikis as "Grawp" later that night from the
same IP address his mother sent her e-mail from. The ticket was handed to
ArbCom, who replied to her with this evidence and the assurance that her son
was in fact the one responsible... but received a response that she didn't
believe them, didn't care, and was blocking all further e-mail from
Wikimedia. (Though it's been suggested that Jarlaxle himself may have
written that mail.) And he's continued to vandalize as recently as tonight.

Personally, I'm utterly bamboozled. This kid is nineteen years old and in
college; he's an adult, and he has his entire life ahead of him. Yet he
still continues to anonymously threaten and harass people on the Internet,
even though he's clearly stepped into illegal territory, his identity is
known along with reams of evidence of his misdeeds connecting them to him,
and his parent upon whom he's still dependent has been alerted. And he still
soldiers on, using Mom's broadband to move pages on Wikipedia to titles "I
will rape and murder (insert admin here)." What could possibly be running
through his mind? And how can he be stopped?

-Fran

Re: JarlaxleArtemis/Grawp

Ian Woollard
2008/12/11 Fran Rogers <[hidden email]>:
> Personally, I'm utterly bamboozled. This kid is nineteen years old and in
> college; he's an adult, and he has his entire life ahead of him. Yet he
> still continues to anonymously threaten and harass people on the Internet,
> even though he's clearly stepped into illegal territory, his identity is
> known along with reams of evidence of his misdeeds connecting them to him,
> and his parent upon whom he's still dependent has been alerted. And he still
> soldiers on, using Mom's broadband to move pages on Wikipedia to titles "I
> will rape and murder (insert admin here)." What could possibly be running
> through his mind? And how can he be stopped?

If he's making threats of violence and stalking then you should
contact his local police. They'll probably at least discuss it with
him and he'll either stop or eventually criminal proceedings will
occur. Doesn't sound like there's any other option.

Forensic analysis of his computer could doubtless prove it was him
doing this, not his mother who shares the same IP.

You could also contact his ISP. It puts them in a bad light to have
someone like that on their networks and nearly always violates T&C-
they might well want to terminate his service. But he'll probably just
get another ISP; but depending on where he lives there might not be
many ISPs in his area.

--
-Ian Woollard

We live in an imperfectly imperfect world. Life in a perfectly
imperfect world would be much better.

Re: JarlaxleArtemis/Grawp

George William Herbert
On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 1:04 PM, Ian Woollard <[hidden email]>wrote:

> 2008/12/11 Fran Rogers <[hidden email]>:
> > Personally, I'm utterly bamboozled. This kid is nineteen years old and in
> > college; he's an adult, and he has his entire life ahead of him. Yet he
> > still continues to anonymously threaten and harass people on the
> Internet,
> > even though he's clearly stepped into illegal territory, his identity is
> > known along with reams of evidence of his misdeeds connecting them to
> him,
> > and his parent upon whom he's still dependent has been alerted. And he
> still
> > soldiers on, using Mom's broadband to move pages on Wikipedia to titles
> "I
> > will rape and murder (insert admin here)." What could possibly be running
> > through his mind? And how can he be stopped?
>
> If he's making threats of violence and stalking then you should
> contact his local police. They'll probably at least discuss it with
> him and he'll either stop or eventually criminal proceedings will
> occur. Doesn't sound like there's any other option.
>
> Forensic analysis of his computer could doubtless prove it was him
> doing this, not his mother who shares the same IP.
>
> You could also contact his ISP. It puts them in a bad light to have
> someone like that on their networks and nearly always violates T&C-
> they might well want to terminate his service. But he'll probably just
> get another ISP; but depending on where he lives there might not be
> many ISPs in his area.

Perhaps the Foundation could send a cease-and-desist letter to both her and
him, cc the ISP?

--
-george william herbert

Re: JarlaxleArtemis/Grawp

Durova
There would be no shortage of people to sign a petition to the ISP, if you
want to go that route.  This has gone on long enough.

-Durova

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 2:19 PM, George Herbert <[hidden email]>wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 1:04 PM, Ian Woollard <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
>
> > 2008/12/11 Fran Rogers <[hidden email]>:
> > > Personally, I'm utterly bamboozled. This kid is nineteen years old and
> in
> > > college; he's an adult, and he has his entire life ahead of him. Yet he
> > > still continues to anonymously threaten and harass people on the
> > Internet,
> > > even though he's clearly stepped into illegal territory, his identity
> is
> > > known along with reams of evidence of his misdeeds connecting them to
> > him,
> > > and his parent upon whom he's still dependent has been alerted. And he
> > still
> > > soldiers on, using Mom's broadband to move pages on Wikipedia to titles
> > "I
> > > will rape and murder (insert admin here)." What could possibly be
> running
> > > through his mind? And how can he be stopped?
> >
> > If he's making threats of violence and stalking then you should
> > contact his local police. They'll probably at least discuss it with
> > him and he'll either stop or eventually criminal proceedings will
> > occur. Doesn't sound like there's any other option.
> >
> > Forensic analysis of his computer could doubtless prove it was him
> > doing this, not his mother who shares the same IP.
> >
> > You could also contact his ISP. It puts them in a bad light to have
> > someone like that on their networks and nearly always violates T&C-
> > they might well want to terminate his service. But he'll probably just
> > get another ISP; but depending on where he lives there might not be
> > many ISPs in his area.
>

> Perhaps the Foundation could send a cease-and-desist letter to both her and
> him, cc the ISP?
>

> --
> -george william herbert

http://durova.blogspot.com/

Re: JarlaxleArtemis/Grawp

Soxred93@gmail.com
# --~~~~

I completely support sending both a cease-and-desist letter to the
family/ISP. This harassment has gone on long enough.

On Dec 13, 2008, at 5:24 PM [Dec 13, 2008 ], Durova wrote:

> There would be no shortage of people to sign a petition to the ISP,
> if you
> want to go that route.  This has gone on long enough.
>
> -Durova
>
> On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 2:19 PM, George Herbert
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 1:04 PM, Ian Woollard <[hidden email]
>>> wrote:

>> in
>>> Internet,
>> is
>>> him,
>>> still
>>> "I
>> running
>>>
>>> If he's making threats of violence and stalking then you should
>>> contact his local police. They'll probably at least discuss it with
>>> him and he'll either stop or eventually criminal proceedings will
>>> occur. Doesn't sound like there's any other option.
>>>
>>> Forensic analysis of his computer could doubtless prove it was him
>>> doing this, not his mother who shares the same IP.
>>>
>>> You could also contact his ISP. It puts them in a bad light to have
>>> someone like that on their networks and nearly always violates T&C-
>>> they might well want to terminate his service. But he'll probably
>>> just
>>> get another ISP; but depending on where he lives there might not be
>>> many ISPs in his area.
>>

>> Perhaps the Foundation could send a cease-and-desist letter to
>> both her and
>> him, cc the ISP?
>>

>> --
>> -george william herbert

> http://durova.blogspot.com/

Re: JarlaxleArtemis/Grawp

William King-3
I strongly agree. Something must be done very soon. I noticed just in the
past hour or so on RC patrol, Grawp harassed a few more users.

William King (Willking1979)

> There would be no shortage of people to sign a petition to the ISP, if you
> want to go that route.  This has gone on long enough.
>
> -Durova
>
> On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 2:19 PM, George Herbert
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 1:04 PM, Ian Woollard <[hidden email]
>> >wrote:

>> in
>> > Internet,
>> is
>> > him,
>> > still
>> > "I
>> running
>> >
>> > If he's making threats of violence and stalking then you should
>> > contact his local police. They'll probably at least discuss it with
>> > him and he'll either stop or eventually criminal proceedings will
>> > occur. Doesn't sound like there's any other option.
>> >
>> > Forensic analysis of his computer could doubtless prove it was him
>> > doing this, not his mother who shares the same IP.
>> >
>> > You could also contact his ISP. It puts them in a bad light to have
>> > someone like that on their networks and nearly always violates T&C-
>> > they might well want to terminate his service. But he'll probably just
>> > get another ISP; but depending on where he lives there might not be
>> > many ISPs in his area.
>>

>> Perhaps the Foundation could send a cease-and-desist letter to both her
>> and
>> him, cc the ISP?
>>

>> --
>> -george william herbert

> http://durova.blogspot.com/

Re: JarlaxleArtemis/Grawp

Sarah Ewart-2
I think the only options remaining are to start reporting him to the police.
It's easy to dismiss complaints received online from strangers and believe
her precious son isn't capable of making death threats and threats of sexual
violence but if she starts getting visits from the police and/or FBI it
might wake her up from her own naiveté. I can understand her being upset
about receiving an email about her son from someone she doesn't know but if
she really believes that Grawp is someone else who is just poking fun at her
son then she's got her head in the sand and won't be convinced by any
evidence we can present her with no matter how compelling. So I think it's
at the stage where we decide we're going to just accept it or we take it to
the next level and involve law enforcement.

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 10:04 PM, Fran Rogers <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> Wikimedia. (Though it's been suggested that Jarlaxle himself may have
> written that mail.) And he's continued to vandalize as recently as tonight.
>

> Personally, I'm utterly bamboozled. This kid is nineteen years old and in
> college; he's an adult, and he has his entire life ahead of him. Yet he
> still continues to anonymously threaten and harass people on the Internet,
> even though he's clearly stepped into illegal territory, his identity is
> known along with reams of evidence of his misdeeds connecting them to him,
> and his parent upon whom he's still dependent has been alerted. And he
> still
> soldiers on, using Mom's broadband to move pages on Wikipedia to titles "I
> will rape and murder (insert admin here)." What could possibly be running
> through his mind? And how can he be stopped?

Re: JarlaxleArtemis/Grawp

Durova
Okay, what's the best venue for a petition?

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 4:14 PM, William King <[hidden email]>wrote:

> I strongly agree. Something must be done very soon. I noticed just in the
> past hour or so on RC patrol, Grawp harassed a few more users.
>
> William King (Willking1979)

http://durova.blogspot.com/

Re: JarlaxleArtemis/Grawp

Soxred93@gmail.com
Let's remember that we may have to do something about Grawp and ED,
as he is harassing users there too.

On Dec 13, 2008, at 8:45 PM [Dec 13, 2008 ], Durova wrote:

> Okay, what's the best venue for a petition?
>
> On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 4:14 PM, William King
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> I strongly agree. Something must be done very soon. I noticed just
>> in the
>> past hour or so on RC patrol, Grawp harassed a few more users.
>>
>> William King (Willking1979)

Re: JarlaxleArtemis/Grawp

Jay Litwyn
abuse@offender's.isp.com , cc this list, especially if it bounces in a way
that looks permanent. If it's a police issue...and so it reads, then a whois
search can give you clues about phone calls.
or
postmaster@offender's.isp.com , not my first choice. Included for archaic
reasons (more widely supported).
webmaster@offender's.isp.com , probably not the best option, since the
biggest issues they typically have are copyvios.

> Let's remember that we may have to do something about Grawp and ED,
> as he is harassing users there too.
>
> On Dec 13, 2008, at 8:45 PM [Dec 13, 2008 ], Durova wrote:
>
>> Okay, what's the best venue for a petition?
>>
>> On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 4:14 PM, William King
>> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>>
>>> I strongly agree. Something must be done very soon. I noticed just
>>> in the
>>> past hour or so on RC patrol, Grawp harassed a few more users.
>>>
>>> William King (Willking1979)

Re: JarlaxleArtemis/Grawp

Jay Litwyn
From: "Sarah Ewart" <[hidden email]>:
> I think the only options remaining are to start reporting him to the
> police.

If anyone else wants to know which police to contact, then these few things
might be useful. Basically, you would start with...Is this legal?...I don't
want him on my project, because...and this is how I know who he is. You
might get some help with that from verizon's abuse contact or their abuse
phone number. Sometimes, I'll warn ya, you can get more help from abuse
contacts than cops, just because they're equipped to verify that e-mail
directed at you came through them.

OrgName:    Verizon Internet Services Inc.
OrgID:      VRIS
Address:    1880 Campus Commons Dr
City:       Reston
StateProv:  VA
PostalCode: 20191
Country:    US

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:Linuxbeak/Admin_stuff/JarlaxleArtemis&oldid=23434608
NetRange:   71.96.0.0 - 71.127.255.255
CIDR:       71.96.0.0/11
NetName:    VIS-71-96
NetHandle:  NET-71-96-0-0-1
Parent:     NET-71-0-0-0-0
NetType:    Direct Allocation
NameServer: NS1.BELLATLANTIC.NET
NameServer: NS2.BELLATLANTIC.NET
NameServer: NS2.VERIZON.NET
NameServer: NS4.VERIZON.NET
Comment:
RegDate:    2005-01-18
Updated:    2005-08-15

OrgAbuseHandle: VISAB-ARIN
OrgAbuseName:   VIS Abuse
OrgAbusePhone:  +1-214-513-6711
OrgAbuseEmail:  abuse at verizon.net

OrgTechHandle: ZV20-ARIN
OrgTechName:   Verizon Internet Services
OrgTechPhone:  800-243-6994
OrgTechEmail:  IPNMC at gnilink.net

_______
If all spoke to all, then one word would be too much. Now way to force
people into closely holding their e-mail address is polite. If some law says
it's not spam, then it is, and it probably violates an acceptable use
policy. If it doesn't, then some internet service provider is providing
uncommon terms of service that are not acceptable to me. I vote to list them
at http://www.rfc-ignorant.org/ Opt-out is a sentence of death to personal
channels on the internet.

Re: JarlaxleArtemis/Grawp

Sarah Ewart-2
On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 3:19 AM, Jay Litwyn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> From: "Sarah Ewart" <[hidden email]>:
> > I think the only options remaining are to start reporting him to the
> > police.
>
> If anyone else wants to know which police to contact, then these few things
> might be useful. Basically, you would start with...Is this legal?...I don't
> want him on my project, because...and this is how I know who he is. You
> might get some help with that from verizon's abuse contact or their abuse
> phone number. Sometimes, I'll warn ya, you can get more help from abuse
> contacts than cops, just because they're equipped to verify that e-mail
> directed at you came through them.

I agree that sometimes it can be more effective going through the ISP and if
they were able to confirm to the mother that, yes, in fact, this was done
from your IP address, it might help snap her out of her obvious denial.
However, in reference to the police, it's not just a matter of not wanting
him on the project - he's making death threats and threats of sexual
violence against not only our editors and admins but their children as well.

Re: JarlaxleArtemis/Grawp

Christiano Moreschi

{{tl|solockhimup}}

Heaven knows he deserves it.

CM

Odi profanum vulgus et arceo.

> Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 10:06:34 +1100
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] JarlaxleArtemis/Grawp
>
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 3:19 AM, Jay Litwyn <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > From: "Sarah Ewart" <[hidden email]>:
> > > I think the only options remaining are to start reporting him to the
> > > police.
> >
> > If anyone else wants to know which police to contact, then these few things
> > might be useful. Basically, you would start with...Is this legal?...I don't
> > want him on my project, because...and this is how I know who he is. You
> > might get some help with that from verizon's abuse contact or their abuse
> > phone number. Sometimes, I'll warn ya, you can get more help from abuse
> > contacts than cops, just because they're equipped to verify that e-mail
> > directed at you came through them.
>

> I agree that sometimes it can be more effective going through the ISP and if
> they were able to confirm to the mother that, yes, in fact, this was done
> from your IP address, it might help snap her out of her obvious denial.
> However, in reference to the police, it's not just a matter of not wanting
> him on the project - he's making death threats and threats of sexual
> violence against not only our editors and admins but their children as well.

Re: JarlaxleArtemis/Grawp

Charlotte Webb
On 12/11/08, Fran Rogers <[hidden email]> wrote:
> But sadly, the story doesn't end there. In mid-2007, he reappeared with a
> new "persona"... the move-vandal "Grawp." Unlike his ostensible predecessor
> Willy on Wheels, who at least had a harmless light-hearted flair to him, as
> "Grawp" Jarlaxle relished in specifically targeting users and sticking their
> personal information (usually gleaned from Daniel Brandt's website) in his
> page-move titles along with death threats and rape threats. Eventually we
> discovered that Grawp was in fact JarlaxleArtemis, and he only got more
> persistent and venomous (probably because as Jarlaxle, he was very open
> about his real-life identity and location himself.)

I have just discovered that "Grawp" is a Tori Amos fan.
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Yes,_Anastasia&diff=prev&oldid=200374324

Notice the url of the "YouTube" link.

—C.W.

Re: JarlaxleArtemis/Grawp

Tim Starling-2
Jay Litwyn wrote:

> From: "Sarah Ewart" <[hidden email]>:
>> I think the only options remaining are to start reporting him to the
>> police.
>
> If anyone else wants to know which police to contact, then these few things
> might be useful. Basically, you would start with...Is this legal?...I don't
> want him on my project, because...and this is how I know who he is. You
> might get some help with that from verizon's abuse contact or their abuse
> phone number. Sometimes, I'll warn ya, you can get more help from abuse
> contacts than cops, just because they're equipped to verify that e-mail
> directed at you came through them.
>
> OrgName:    Verizon Internet Services Inc.
> OrgID:      VRIS
> Address:    1880 Campus Commons Dr
> City:       Reston
> StateProv:  VA
> PostalCode: 20191
> Country:    US

This is not the relevant police department. The relevant police department
is the local police department of the victim, not the attacker. The victim
must file a complaint locally, and then the local police will take the
necessary steps to liase with the jurisdiction of the attacker.

I learnt this a few years ago when dealing with a certain Canadian.

-- Tim Starling

Re: JarlaxleArtemis/Grawp

Charlotte Webb
On 12/15/08, Tim Starling <[hidden email]> wrote:
> This is not the relevant police department. The relevant police department
> is the local police department of the victim, not the attacker. The victim
> must file a complaint locally, and then the local police will take the
> necessary steps to liase with the jurisdiction of the attacker.
>
> I learnt this a few years ago when dealing with a certain Canadian.

I always wondered why this sort of thing is almost never prosecuted. Now I know.

—C.W.

Re: JarlaxleArtemis/Grawp

Kevin Wong-5
It makes sense to take a further action with this vandal. Unlike every
internet troll I have handled so far, Grawp doesn't stop when he dosen't get
the reaction he wants.

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 3:04 AM, Fran Rogers <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> Wikimedia. (Though it's been suggested that Jarlaxle himself may have
> written that mail.) And he's continued to vandalize as recently as tonight.
>

> Personally, I'm utterly bamboozled. This kid is nineteen years old and in
> college; he's an adult, and he has his entire life ahead of him. Yet he
> still continues to anonymously threaten and harass people on the Internet,
> even though he's clearly stepped into illegal territory, his identity is
> known along with reams of evidence of his misdeeds connecting them to him,
> and his parent upon whom he's still dependent has been alerted. And he
> still
> soldiers on, using Mom's broadband to move pages on Wikipedia to titles "I
> will rape and murder (insert admin here)." What could possibly be running
> through his mind? And how can he be stopped?

Whether you can or can't, any way you are correct. - Henry Ford

Re: JarlaxleArtemis/Grawp

Will Beback
In the case of another banned editor who kept disrupting the project,
one of the Checkusers wrote to the ISP complaining about violations of
the provider's T&C. To the best of my knowledge, the user hasn't come
back since then.

Is someone working on this? Or are we all just saying it would be a good
idea and waiting for someone else to act?

-Will Beback

Kevin Wong wrote:

> [...]
>> Wikimedia. (Though it's been suggested that Jarlaxle himself may have
>> written that mail.) And he's continued to vandalize as recently as tonight.
>>

>> Personally, I'm utterly bamboozled. This kid is nineteen years old and in
>> college; he's an adult, and he has his entire life ahead of him. Yet he
>> still continues to anonymously threaten and harass people on the Internet,
>> even though he's clearly stepped into illegal territory, his identity is
>> known along with reams of evidence of his misdeeds connecting them to him,
>> and his parent upon whom he's still dependent has been alerted. And he
>> still
>> soldiers on, using Mom's broadband to move pages on Wikipedia to titles "I
>> will rape and murder (insert admin here)." What could possibly be running
>> through his mind? And how can he be stopped?

Re: JarlaxleArtemis/Grawp

Marc Riddell
on 12/15/08 7:58 PM, Kevin Wong at [hidden email] wrote:

> It makes sense to take a further action with this vandal. Unlike every
> internet troll I have handled so far, Grawp doesn't stop when he dosen't get
> the reaction he wants.

Kevin,

The targeted person's reaction is secondary to him. And the targets are,
most likely, chosen at random. He is more stimulated by seeing his work
there, in print, than anything else. It's like some persons who write
graffiti on a wall; they are less interested in the reactions of those who
see it, than in looking up and seeing that their work is there. And only
strong outside intervention will even begin to stop him.

Marc Riddell

> [...]
>> Wikimedia. (Though it's been suggested that Jarlaxle himself may have
>> written that mail.) And he's continued to vandalize as recently as tonight.
>>

>> Personally, I'm utterly bamboozled. This kid is nineteen years old and in
>> college; he's an adult, and he has his entire life ahead of him. Yet he
>> still continues to anonymously threaten and harass people on the Internet,
>> even though he's clearly stepped into illegal territory, his identity is
>> known along with reams of evidence of his misdeeds connecting them to him,
>> and his parent upon whom he's still dependent has been alerted. And he
>> still
>> soldiers on, using Mom's broadband to move pages on Wikipedia to titles "I
>> will rape and murder (insert admin here)." What could possibly be running
>> through his mind? And how can he be stopped?

Re: JarlaxleArtemis/Grawp

Thomas Larsen-3
Hi,

> The targeted person's reaction is secondary to him. And the targets are,
> most likely, chosen at random. He is more stimulated by seeing his work
> there, in print, than anything else. It's like some persons who write
> graffiti on a wall; they are less interested in the reactions of those who
> see it, than in looking up and seeing that their work is there. And only
> strong outside intervention will even begin to stop him.

What amazes me is that this guy, a 19-year-old, whose identity is
known publicly, is willing to risk his future career life by engaging
in silly, disruptive, petty vandalism that would be common from a
two-year-old.

And what he's doing is illegal, too. He's taking a huge risk.

Why can't some people simply apologise and move on, or at least move
on? There are other things that are far more worthy of one's time,
Wikipedia-related and not.

--Thomas Larsen

1234 ... 6