JetBrains licenses for Volunteers and Staff

JetBrains licenses for Volunteers and Staff

Yuri Astrakhan-2
PhpStorm, InteliJ IDEA, Resharper and other JetBrain users, we just
received free upgraded licenses for all of their products.

Check your account at https://account.jetbrains.com/licenses and login with
that account inside your application to automatically use that license. If
you don't see the license, contact me or Sam Reed, and we will add you
right away.  On IRC: yurik or reedy, or via email.  We could also use a few
more admins for these licenses. You will no longer need to copy/paste any
licenses manually.

IDEA:  use for PHP, JavaScript, Puppets, Ruby, and other web-related
technologies
https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/

Resharper: for C# and Microsoft Visual Studio C++
https://www.jetbrains.com/resharper/

CLion: for C++
https://www.jetbrains.com/clion/

Re: JetBrains licenses for Volunteers and Staff

Florian Schmidt
Uhh, thanks for the information Yurik! :)

Re: JetBrains licenses for Volunteers and Staff

Danny B.-2
And this is coming from the non-serious-Wikimedia-business address... ;-)

However:
" We could also use a few more admins for these licenses." - if it is still
valid, I'm reporting to the duty, sir!

Danny B.

Re: JetBrains licenses for Volunteers and Staff

Danny B.-2
For the list people - Please ignore the first sentence... That has its own
context known by the intended recipient and was supposed to be sent
somewhere else... My now-already-former email client accidentaly sent it
before I changed the recipient's address... :-/

Re: JetBrains licenses for Volunteers and Staff

Pine W
Hi Yuri,

ReSharper interests me. This email refers to license upgrades. What is
involved in initially qualifying for a license?

Thanks,

Pine
On Apr 18, 2016 09:44, "Yuri Astrakhan" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> PhpStorm, InteliJ IDEA, Resharper and other JetBrain users, we just
> received free upgraded licenses for all of their products.
>
> Check your account at https://account.jetbrains.com/licenses and login
> with
> that account inside your application to automatically use that license. If
> you don't see the license, contact me or Sam Reed, and we will add you
> right away.  On IRC: yurik or reedy, or via email.  We could also use a few
> more admins for these licenses. You will no longer need to copy/paste any
> licenses manually.
>
> IDEA:  use for PHP, JavaScript, Puppets, Ruby, and other web-related
> technologies
> https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/
>
> Resharper: for C# and Microsoft Visual Studio C++
> https://www.jetbrains.com/resharper/
>
> CLion: for C++
> https://www.jetbrains.com/clion/

Re: JetBrains licenses for Volunteers and Staff

Yuri Astrakhan-2
Hi Pine,

They are not upgrades, they are full one year renewable free licenses for
the powerful ide with php, js, puppet, Ruby, Python, c++, ... , donated to
help with Wiki development.

You basically need to be a volunteer or a staff developer working on Wiki
projects with some history of code contributions.   Resharper is a great
product and it is part of the license, but I am not sure we have any .net
code (I think we used to run bits of mono code somewhere, but that was a
while ago). Have you submitted any patches? In what languages?

Thanks!
On May 10, 2016 08:48, "Pine W" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Yuri,
>
> ReSharper interests me. This email refers to license upgrades. What is
> involved in initially qualifying for a license?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pine
> On Apr 18, 2016 09:44, "Yuri Astrakhan" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > PhpStorm, InteliJ IDEA, Resharper and other JetBrain users, we just
> > received free upgraded licenses for all of their products.
> >
> > Check your account at https://account.jetbrains.com/licenses and login
> > with
> > that account inside your application to automatically use that license.
> If
> > you don't see the license, contact me or Sam Reed, and we will add you
> > right away.  On IRC: yurik or reedy, or via email.  We could also use a
> few
> > more admins for these licenses. You will no longer need to copy/paste any
> > licenses manually.
> >
> > IDEA:  use for PHP, JavaScript, Puppets, Ruby, and other web-related
> > technologies
> > https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/
> >
> > Resharper: for C# and Microsoft Visual Studio C++
> > https://www.jetbrains.com/resharper/
> >
> > CLion: for C++
> > https://www.jetbrains.com/clion/

Re: JetBrains licenses for Volunteers and Staff

Pine W
Thanks for the info. I may request a license in mid to late Fall, when I
hope to be participating in Wikimedia software development.

Pine