Jimbo at WikiConference 2011

wheredevelsdare
Hi All,

As Pradeep announced late last night, Jimmy Wales (aka Jimbo, Founder, Wikipedia and Member of Global Board of Trustees) was approached by the Mumbai/Pune Community along with other supporters from various parts of the country requesting him to attend the First National WikiConference in India later this year.

Late last night we received a response from Jimbo expressing availability on 18-19-20 November 2011. There is consensus among the Mumbai/Pune Community that we reschedule the conference dates in order to facilitate Jimbo's presence. I am sure the entire Indian Community (and the Chapter) will be extremely pleased to host Jimbo for this event. This is a big push for us now to go ahead with this benchmark event and do conduct it in the best possible way.

Kind Regards,
User:AroundTheGlobe

Re: Jimbo at WikiConference 2011

Surya Prakash-6
Congrats. Very happy to hear this. :)

$U®¥∩

http://goo.gl/RoMyo.com

2011/6/10 <[hidden email]>
[...]

jayanta nath-2
Congrats very very good news for us as well as Mumbai/Pune community.

2011/6/10 <[hidden email]>
[...]

With Warm Regards,
Jayanta Nath
Calcutta,West Bengal
Facebook :http://www.facebook.com/jayantanth
Wikipedia :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jayantanth
আসুন পাইরেসি মুক্ত ভারত  গড়ি,সবাই মুক্ত সফ্‌টওয়ার ব্যবহার করি O:-),অন্যকে ব্যবহারে উৎসাহিত করি।

Re: Jimbo at WikiConference 2011

Subhashish Panigrahi
Great news! Congrats all the volunteers of Mumbai/Pune.

On 10 June 2011 11:01, <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

ସୁଭପାSubhashishPanigrahi
ଓଡ଼ିଆ ଉଇକିପିଡ଼ିଆ

facebook.com/OdiaWiki
Tweet @OdiaWiki

Re: Jimbo at WikiConference 2011

Srikeit
Now that Jimbo has indicated that he may be available for the given dates, we must move ASAP to take concrete steps to show our seriousness.

Since the Mumbai-Pune community has the highest level of preparedness, I think encouraging other cities to prepare bids for this conference, at this stage, will be counterproductive. It would be prudent to implement the structure proposed by the chapter from next year and support the Mumbai-Pune communities to pull off a successful first Wiki-conference.

Regards

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 11:56 AM, Subhashish Panigrahi <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Srikeit Tadepalli

Re: Jimbo at WikiConference 2011

Achal Prabhala-2
This makes sense.

On Friday 10 June 2011 12:58 PM, Srikeit wrote:

> Now that Jimbo has indicated that he may be available for the given
> dates, we must move ASAP to take concrete steps to show our seriousness.
>
> Since the Mumbai-Pune community has the highest level of
> preparedness, I think encouraging other cities to prepare bids for
> this conference, at this stage, will be counterproductive. It would be
> prudent to implement the structure proposed by the chapter from next
> year and support the Mumbai-Pune communities to pull off a successful
> first Wiki-conference.
>
> Regards
>
> On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 11:56 AM, Subhashish Panigrahi

Re: Jimbo at WikiConference 2011

ansuman-2
wow, great step for India, thanks to each and everyone those who making it happens :)

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 11:01 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Best Regards
ଓଡ଼ିଆ ଉଇକିପିଡ଼ିଆ
Tweet @OdiaWiki

Re: Jimbo at WikiConference 2011

Moksh Juneja
Dear All, then this an indication to begin work in full swing. :-)

Hopefully, no more delays expected, specially now we need start to thinking, planning, organizing backwards from this day on.

Looking froward to kickstart the good work!!

Moksh Juneja

Social Media Catalyst

Avignyata Inc.

Mobile: +91 93221 21170

My profiles: Facebook LinkedIn Flickr Twitter foursquare SlideShare YouTube
Contact me: Google Talk mokshjuneja Skype mokshjuneja BlackBerry 21922c20

2011/6/10 <[hidden email]>
[...]

wikiodisha1
Gr8 news!! Congrats to the entire team who get involved in it. I am so excited to see Jimmy in the Wiki Conference...

[...]

Thanks & Regards,
Srikant Kedia
Odia (Oriya) Wikipedia Community

Mail ID - [hidden email]