Jimmy Wales speech in the Closing Ceremony

Jimmy Wales speech in the Closing Ceremony

Mohamed Mostafa ouda
Hi Wikimedians

Please where can I find video for Jimmy Wales speech in the Closing Ceremony .

--
Mohamed  Ouda

Re: Jimmy Wales speech in the Closing Ceremony

Ellie Young
The video production company that recorded most of the featured talks and spanish track have sent that talks to Ivan Martinez for review. I suspect they will be up soon, but he will know and answer.

Ellie Young
WMF Conference Coordinator

> On Jul 27, 2015, at 4:10 AM, Mohamed Mostafa ouda <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Wikimedians
>
> Please where can I find video for Jimmy Wales speech in the Closing Ceremony .
>
> --
> Mohamed  Ouda

Re: Jimmy Wales speech in the Closing Ceremony

Ivan Martínez
Hi Mohamed, all the videos that Ellie mentioned, included the Jimmy's keynote will be uploaded in the next two days.

The video production company that recorded most of the featured talks and spanish track have sent that talks to Ivan Martinez for review. I suspect they will be up soon, but he will know and answer.

Ellie Young
WMF Conference Coordinator

> On Jul 27, 2015, at 4:10 AM, Mohamed Mostafa ouda <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Wikimedians
>
> Please where can I find video for Jimmy Wales speech in the Closing Ceremony .
>
> --
> Mohamed  Ouda

Iván Martínez
Presidente - Wikimedia México A.C.
User:ProtoplasmaKid
@protoplasmakid

Hemos creado la más grande colección de conocimiento compartido. Ayuda a proteger a Wikipedia, dona ahora:
https://donate.wikimedia.org

Re: Jimmy Wales speech in the Closing Ceremony

Jonathan Cardy
Congratulations Ivan and team, is that a record for wikimania?

Regards

WereSpielChequers

On 27 Jul 2015, at 21:28, Ivan Martínez <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Mohamed, all the videos that Ellie mentioned, included the Jimmy's keynote will be uploaded in the next two days.

The video production company that recorded most of the featured talks and spanish track have sent that talks to Ivan Martinez for review. I suspect they will be up soon, but he will know and answer.

Ellie Young
WMF Conference Coordinator

> On Jul 27, 2015, at 4:10 AM, Mohamed Mostafa ouda <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Wikimedians
>
> Please where can I find video for Jimmy Wales speech in the Closing Ceremony .
>
> --
> Mohamed  Ouda

Iván Martínez
Presidente - Wikimedia México A.C.
User:ProtoplasmaKid
@protoplasmakid

Hemos creado la más grande colección de conocimiento compartido. Ayuda a proteger a Wikipedia, dona ahora:
https://donate.wikimedia.org

Re: Jimmy Wales speech in the Closing Ceremony

Jan Ainali
No. Gdansk 2010 was livestreamed and some talks on Buenos Aires too (and the rest was uploaded within 24 hours if I remember correctly, at least I had them downloaded on my laptop on my flight back home).

/Jan

On July 27, 2015, WereSpielChequers <[hidden email]> wrote:

Congratulations Ivan and team, is that a record for wikimania?

Regards

WereSpielChequers

On 27 Jul 2015, at 21:28, Ivan Martínez <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Mohamed, all the videos that Ellie mentioned, included the Jimmy's keynote will be uploaded in the next two days.

The video production company that recorded most of the featured talks and spanish track have sent that talks to Ivan Martinez for review. I suspect they will be up soon, but he will know and answer.

Ellie Young
WMF Conference Coordinator

> On Jul 27, 2015, at 4:10 AM, Mohamed Mostafa ouda <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Wikimedians
>
> Please where can I find video for Jimmy Wales speech in the Closing Ceremony .
>
> --
> Mohamed  Ouda

Iván Martínez
Presidente - Wikimedia México A.C.
User:ProtoplasmaKid
@protoplasmakid

Hemos creado la más grande colección de conocimiento compartido. Ayuda a proteger a Wikipedia, dona ahora:
https://donate.wikimedia.org

Re: Jimmy Wales speech in the Closing Ceremony

Nkansah Rexford
Not yet a record until in 2 days time, the videos are uploaded.

Fingers crossed

On 27 Jul 2015, at 21:28, Ivan Martínez <<a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;galaver@gmail.com&#39;);" target="_blank">galaver@...> wrote:

Hi Mohamed, all the videos that Ellie mentioned, included the Jimmy's keynote will be uploaded in the next two days.

The video production company that recorded most of the featured talks and spanish track have sent that talks to Ivan Martinez for review. I suspect they will be up soon, but he will know and answer.

Ellie Young
WMF Conference Coordinator

> On Jul 27, 2015, at 4:10 AM, Mohamed Mostafa ouda <<a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;mmustafa8@gmail.com&#39;);" target="_blank">mmustafa8@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Wikimedians
>
> Please where can I find video for Jimmy Wales speech in the Closing Ceremony .
>
> --
> Mohamed  Ouda

Iván Martínez
Presidente - Wikimedia México A.C.
User:ProtoplasmaKid
@protoplasmakid

Hemos creado la más grande colección de conocimiento compartido. Ayuda a proteger a Wikipedia, dona ahora:
https://donate.wikimedia.org

Re: Jimmy Wales speech in the Closing Ceremony

Andrew Lih-2
If you cannot wait, here is a partial list of available talks I recorded with my guerrilla setup and are available on Internet Archive.

I was able to record 26 sessions over the three days with a consumer camcorder and a humble iPhone 5. Some are still transcoding using the new Schnittserver video project.

-Andrew

-Andrew Lih
Associate professor of journalism, American University
Email: [hidden email]
WEB: http://www.andrewlih.com
BOOK: The Wikipedia Revolution: http://www.wikipediarevolution.com
PROJECT: Wiki Makes Video http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Wiki_Makes_Video