Joint Statement of the ESEAP Wikimania Organizing Team and Wikimania Steering Committee on COVID-19

Joint Statement of the ESEAP Wikimania Organizing Team and Wikimania Steering Committee on COVID-19

Roman Bustria Jr.

Dear Wikimedians,

I would like to share to you a statement:

Joint Statement of the

ESEAP Wikimania Organizing Team

and Wikimania Steering Committee

on COVID-19

The ESEAP Wikimania Organizing Team, Wikimania Steering Committee and the Wikimedia Foundation acknowledge the current COVID-19 threat and are taking this situation seriously.

A joint decision on the fate of Wikimania 2020 based on a careful risk assessment will be forthcoming and we ask for your patience.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Butch Bustria

Head of the Communications Committee