Kannada Search Transliteration

Sumant Suresh Kulkarni
Hello,

I'm trying to see which plug-in has been used to transliterate to Kannada in
the search box of Kannada Wikipedia.. Can any one please give some
information on this?

It would be nice if any document on this integration is available..

-Sumant

"ಕ್ರಾಂತಿಕಾರಿಯಾಗುವುದಕ್ಕಿಂದ ಮೊದಲು ನೀನು ಒಬ್ಬ ಮನುಷ್ಯನಾಗಬೇಕು, ದುರ್ಬಲರು ಯಾರೇ ಅಗಲಿ
ಅವರಿಗಾಗಿ ಶ್ರಮಿಸಬೇಕು".- ಜೇನ್ ಫೊಂಡಾ

Re: Kannada Search Transliteration

Shiju Alex
Hello Sumant,

It is a *javascript* tool (not a plug-in) that is integrated to Kannada
wikipedia. This tool is available across various Indian language wikipedias.
for example, see Malayalam <http://ml.wikipedia.org>,
Tamil<http://ta.wikipedia.org>,
Sanskrit <http://sa.wikipedia.org>.

For Kannada, a detailed help page is required as seen in Sanskrit and
Malayalam wikipedias. Hope community will do it soon.

Recently this tool has been enhanced into a Mediawiki extension. See details
here.
http://shijualex.wordpress.com/2011/02/23/narayam-a-new-mediawiki-extension/

Where you are planning to reuse this tool?

Shiju

2011/3/1 Sumant Suresh Kulkarni <[hidden email]>

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to see which plug-in has been used to transliterate to Kannada
> in
> the search box of Kannada Wikipedia.. Can any one please give some
> information on this?
>
> It would be nice if any document on this integration is available..
>

> -Sumant
>
> "ಕ್ರಾಂತಿಕಾರಿಯಾಗುವುದಕ್ಕಿಂದ ಮೊದಲು ನೀನು ಒಬ್ಬ ಮನುಷ್ಯನಾಗಬೇಕು, ದುರ್ಬಲರು ಯಾರೇ ಅಗಲಿ
> ಅವರಿಗಾಗಿ ಶ್ರಮಿಸಬೇಕು".- ಜೇನ್ ಫೊಂಡಾ

Re: Kannada Search Transliteration

Sumant Suresh Kulkarni
Dear Shiju,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

I'm working on a Govt of Karnataka project. We are developing a knowledge
base (non-profit). For that we are looking for such a tool. May be I need to
get back to you with more details. I would need your help on knowing more on
these. Probably I can write a page on this Java script once I understand it.

Can you please guide and help me to find the source code of this Java
script? I want to understand more about it..

Thanks again.
Sumant