Keeping Subcategories out of Special:Categories?

Keeping Subcategories out of Special:Categories?

Jason Young-2
While trying to go through the Categories documentation because one
of our peers can't for the life of them understand categories and
subcategories (which may be an issue far beyond help ;-) - I did
notice something interesting about meta.wikimedia.org that I'd like
to somehow duplicate, which may help (well probably not) some of the
confusion of our peer.

In meta.wikimedia.org:

Demo_1 is a subcategory of Demo:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Demo_1
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Demo

(and demo is a subcategory of English Documentation)

English Documentation and Demo both show up in Special:Categories -
but  How is Demo_1 kept out of the list of categories?

http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?
title=Special:Categories&limit=250&offset=0

Inquiring minds want to know.  (I've combed through the meta docs,
and didn't see anything, I'm sure I'm missing something though)

Thanks,
Jason

Re: Keeping Subcategories out of Special:Categories?

Rotem Liss
There is no page included in the category, and Special:Categories shows
only categories own some pages.

On Apr 12, 2006, at 10:31 AM, Rotem Liss wrote:

> There is no page included in the category, and Special:Categories
> shows only categories own some pages.

Whoops.  Well I feel stupid now.  That's what I get for complaining
about my peers :-)

Jason