Kids to SA - birth certificates

Andrew Lih-2
FYI,

For those traveling with kids to Wikimania in Cape Town – best to bring a copy of their birth certificates with you. Lots of airlines are checking and making it a requirement before flying into S.A.

I flew from Nairobi to Jo’burg and they did indeed check. Twice. It seems to be airline dependent, as the carrier is the one fined if they transport kids who don’t have a birth certificate.

We were warned by a friend who lives in South Africa about this requirement. We brought copies of the certificate just in case. They were needed.

-Andrew