Kunal (User:Legoktm) moving to Parsing Team

Kunal (User:Legoktm) moving to Parsing Team

Subramanya Sastry
Hi everyone,

We would like to let you know that Kunal (User:Legoktm for those who
don’t already know) is moving inside the Editing Department from the
Collaboration Team to the Parsing Team.

The Collaboration team is grateful for Kunal’s great work over the past
year, especially on the backend for cross-wiki notifications. Prior to
that, Kunal spent two years working on SUL finalization, without which a
feature like cross-wiki notifications would not have been possible.

The Parsing team is very happy to have Kunal join them. Kunal is really
interested to work on implementing shadow namespaces [2] which enables
wikis to specify fallback wikis for pages that don’t resolve on the
local wiki. Among other things, this could enable creation of global
repositories for templates, for example, which interests us greatly.

There is this little detail of Kunal being a nominee for
affiliate-selected board seats [3] and what happens if he gets elected
[4]. We will cross that bridge when we get there. :-)

Trevor, Subbu, Roan.

[1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment/Shadow_namespaces
[2]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliate-selected_Board_seats/2016/Nominations/Kunal_Mehta
[3]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliate-selected_Board_seats/2016/Questions#Kunal_Mehta_16

Re: Kunal (User:Legoktm) moving to Parsing Team

Subramanya Sastry

I suppose you've figured out that I don't know how to write citations.
Subtract -1 from N for all [N] in the body. :-) -S.

On 04/05/2016 11:41 AM, Subramanya Sastry wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> We would like to let you know that Kunal (User:Legoktm for those who
> don’t already know) is moving inside the Editing Department from the
> Collaboration Team to the Parsing Team.
>
> The Collaboration team is grateful for Kunal’s great work over the
> past year, especially on the backend for cross-wiki notifications.
> Prior to that, Kunal spent two years working on SUL finalization,
> without which a feature like cross-wiki notifications would not have
> been possible.
>
> The Parsing team is very happy to have Kunal join them. Kunal is
> really interested to work on implementing shadow namespaces [2] which
> enables wikis to specify fallback wikis for pages that don’t resolve
> on the local wiki. Among other things, this could enable creation of
> global repositories for templates, for example, which interests us
> greatly.
>
> There is this little detail of Kunal being a nominee for
> affiliate-selected board seats [3] and what happens if he gets elected
> [4]. We will cross that bridge when we get there. :-)
>
> Trevor, Subbu, Roan.
>
> [1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment/Shadow_namespaces
> [2]
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliate-selected_Board_seats/2016/Nominations/Kunal_Mehta
> [3]
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliate-selected_Board_seats/2016/Questions#Kunal_Mehta_16

Re: Kunal (User:Legoktm) moving to Parsing Team

Amgine-3
No. Your citations are normal, and expected. The use of [0] is a dev
affectation to show you're 'in the club', that is, to discriminate, but
violates the principal of least surprise.

On 2016-04-06 05:00, [hidden email] wrote:
> I suppose you've figured out that I don't know how to write citations.
> Subtract -1 from N for all [N] in the body. :-) -S.

Re: Kunal (User:Legoktm) moving to Parsing Team

Amgine-3
woops. Engage brain first... Thanks Anomie. Apologies everyone else.

On 2016-04-06 05:00, [hidden email] wrote:
> Re: Kunal (User:Legoktm) moving to Parsing Team

Re: Kunal (User:Legoktm) moving to Parsing Team

Jeremy Baron
On Apr 6, 2016 10:13, "Amgine" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> No. Your citations are normal, and expected. The use of [0] is a dev
> affectation to show you're 'in the club', that is, to discriminate, but
> violates the principal of least surprise.

I think you're reading too much into it.

the body has [2], [3], and [4].
the footer has [1], [2], and [3].

Congrats Lego!

-Jeremy

Re: Kunal (User:Legoktm) moving to Parsing Team

Ricordisamoa
I wish there were a Legoktm Team within the Legoktm Department

Il 05/04/2016 18:41, Subramanya Sastry ha scritto:

> Hi everyone,
>
> We would like to let you know that Kunal (User:Legoktm for those who
> don’t already know) is moving inside the Editing Department from the
> Collaboration Team to the Parsing Team.
>
> The Collaboration team is grateful for Kunal’s great work over the
> past year, especially on the backend for cross-wiki notifications.
> Prior to that, Kunal spent two years working on SUL finalization,
> without which a feature like cross-wiki notifications would not have
> been possible.
>
> The Parsing team is very happy to have Kunal join them. Kunal is
> really interested to work on implementing shadow namespaces [2] which
> enables wikis to specify fallback wikis for pages that don’t resolve
> on the local wiki. Among other things, this could enable creation of
> global repositories for templates, for example, which interests us
> greatly.
>
> There is this little detail of Kunal being a nominee for
> affiliate-selected board seats [3] and what happens if he gets elected
> [4]. We will cross that bridge when we get there. :-)
>
> Trevor, Subbu, Roan.
>
> [1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment/Shadow_namespaces
> [2]
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliate-selected_Board_seats/2016/Nominations/Kunal_Mehta
> [3]
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliate-selected_Board_seats/2016/Questions#Kunal_Mehta_16

Re: Kunal (User:Legoktm) moving to Parsing Team

Ricordisamoa
You mean subtract 1, or add -1

Il 05/04/2016 18:53, Subramanya Sastry ha scritto:

> I suppose you've figured out that I don't know how to write citations.
> Subtract -1 from N for all [N] in the body. :-) -S.
>
> On 04/05/2016 11:41 AM, Subramanya Sastry wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> We would like to let you know that Kunal (User:Legoktm for those who
>> don’t already know) is moving inside the Editing Department from the
>> Collaboration Team to the Parsing Team.
>>
>> The Collaboration team is grateful for Kunal’s great work over the
>> past year, especially on the backend for cross-wiki notifications.
>> Prior to that, Kunal spent two years working on SUL finalization,
>> without which a feature like cross-wiki notifications would not have
>> been possible.
>>
>> The Parsing team is very happy to have Kunal join them. Kunal is
>> really interested to work on implementing shadow namespaces [2] which
>> enables wikis to specify fallback wikis for pages that don’t resolve
>> on the local wiki. Among other things, this could enable creation of
>> global repositories for templates, for example, which interests us
>> greatly.
>>
>> There is this little detail of Kunal being a nominee for
>> affiliate-selected board seats [3] and what happens if he gets
>> elected [4]. We will cross that bridge when we get there. :-)
>>
>> Trevor, Subbu, Roan.
>>
>> [1]
>> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment/Shadow_namespaces
>> [2]
>> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliate-selected_Board_seats/2016/Nominations/Kunal_Mehta
>> [3]
>> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliate-selected_Board_seats/2016/Questions#Kunal_Mehta_16

Re: Kunal (User:Legoktm) moving to Parsing Team

bawolff
On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 6:13 AM, Ricordisamoa
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I wish there were a Legoktm Team within the Legoktm Department

Hopefully come may 11, we will have a strong voice on the board to
help push forward the Legoktm team within the Legoktm department of
the Legoktm foundation :D

--
-bawolff

On 04/08/2016 05:14 AM, Ricordisamoa wrote:
> You mean subtract 1, or add -1

*facepalm* :-)