Last name & first name reversed

Benjamin Chen-2
Hi guys,

(a bit off-topic but needs some advice)

I'm flying to DC (via LAX) today and when I was checking in, I was told that my last name and first name gets switched.

I was able to check in from the China side, but not sure if it will also be ok when I leave America. I think name change is not allowed, anyone had similar experience before?

Best regards,
Benjamin Chen / User:Bencmq

Re: Last name & first name reversed

Rehman Abubakr
Hi Chen,

I'm not a local, but I don't think that'll be a problem. It has happened to me a couple of times when flying from Dubai. As long as the spellings are same, and no words are added/removed, generally there shouldn't be any problem.

Rehman
[[User:Rehman]]

Re: Last name & first name reversed

Benjamin Chen-2
Great to know that! Thanks!

Best regards,
[[User:Bencmq]] / Benjamin Chen

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 7:35 PM, Rehman Wikimedia <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Chen,

I'm not a local, but I don't think that'll be a problem. It has happened to me a couple of times when flying from Dubai. As long as the spellings are same, and no words are added/removed, generally there shouldn't be any problem.

Rehman
[[User:Rehman]]

Re: Last name & first name reversed

Thomas Dalton
The closest I've come to that situation is having airline computer
systems merge my first and middle names ("Thomas Michael Dalton"
becomes "Thomasmichael Dalton"), which has happened multiple times. It
causes problems with checking in online because the website expects
you to enter your name in the exact format it appears on their
records, but it has never caused a problem when dealing with real
people at the airport who can tell the difference between a computer
glitch and someone travelling under the wrong name.