Licensing transition: opposing points of view

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
48 messages Options
Licensing transition: opposing points of view – Some people on this list have had a negative reaction to the licensing proposal. Sometimes this arises from different understandings of what th...
--- On Mon, 3/23/09, Nathan <nawrich@...> wrote: > From: Nathan <nawrich@...> > Subject: Re: [Foundation-l] Licensing ...
2009/3/23 Birgitte SB <birgitte_sb@...>: > But none of this was exactly the concern I raised.  My concern was that the TOS proposed for ...
I don't want to open a new thread because I have on my mind something related to this issue, while it is not connected directly to the present l...
--- On Fri, 3/20/09, Erik Moeller <erik@...> wrote: > From: Erik Moeller <erik@...> > Subject: Re: [Foundation-l] Lice...
Introducing the terms of service, or anything other than the license itself, confuses it for me too. The questions it brings to my mind are: 1...
2009/3/17 Robert Rohde <rarohde@...>: > Some people on this list have had a negative reaction to the licensing > proposal. Sometime...
geni wrote: > 2009/3/17 Robert Rohde <rarohde@...>: > >> Some people on this list have had a negative reaction to the lice...
On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 1:36 AM, Jussi-Ville Heiskanen <cimonavaro@... > wrote: > The one loud voice here from the foundation *staff*...
I've been meaning to reply in this thread to what Jussi said. (Sorry to not reply inline; I'm on my Blackberry.) Jussi said he's only seen comm...
Sue Gardner wrote: > I've been meaning to reply in this thread to what Jussi said. (Sorry to not reply inline; I'm on my Blackberry.) > &...
2009/3/22 Jussi-Ville Heiskanen <cimonavaro@...>: > Sue Gardner wrote: >> >> I've been meaning to reply in this thread to ...
Дана Sunday 22 March 2009 09:50:25 Jussi-Ville Heiskanen написа: > the moment, provided there will be no back-sliding later. In an ideal > w...
2009/3/18 Jussi-Ville Heiskanen <cimonavaro@...>: > The one loud voice here from the foundation *staff* (staff > mind you, not the b...
2009/3/18 geni <geniice@...>: > 1 person on this list. The rest of the opposition comes from the > foundations unlawful and ill thou...
Дана Friday 20 March 2009 04:30:11 Erik Moeller написа: > For the record, our legal reasoning for the attribution terms under > consideratio...
2009/3/19 Nikola Smolenski <smolensk@...>: > Erik, this is simply not true. The sentence in question reads [...] You must > keep int...
Дана Friday 20 March 2009 06:04:49 Erik Moeller написа: > 2009/3/19 Nikola Smolenski <smolensk@...>: > > Erik, this is simply not t...
Nikola Smolenski wrote: > It is just your opinion that they have over-attributed; my opinion is that > their way of attribution is reason...
Дана Friday 20 March 2009 06:59:35 Michael Snow написа: > Nikola Smolenski wrote: > > It is just your opinion that they have over-attribu...
Nikola Smolenski wrote: > Дана Friday 20 March 2009 06:59:35 Michael Snow написа: > >> Nikola Smolenski wrote: >> >&g...
Дана Friday 20 March 2009 23:11:17 Michael Snow написа: > Nikola Smolenski wrote: > > Дана Friday 20 March 2009 06:59:35 Michael Snow нап...
Nikola Smolenski wrote: > Дана Friday 20 March 2009 23:11:17 Michael Snow написа: > >> By comparison, Erik only said that people ha...
2009/3/19 Nikola Smolenski <smolensk@...>: > Of course, if an author doesn't supply a name, then an URL is all that > remains. But m...
Дана Friday 20 March 2009 06:58:02 Erik Moeller написа: > 2009/3/19 Nikola Smolenski <smolensk@...>: > > Of course, if an author do...
2009/3/20 Nikola Smolenski <smolensk@...>: >> The fact that they may or may not be logged in is completely >> irrelevant if th...
Дана Saturday 21 March 2009 01:52:06 Erik Moeller написа: > 2009/3/20 Nikola Smolenski <smolensk@...>: > >> The fact that they m...
2009/3/21 Erik Moeller <erik@...>: > So let's step back for a second. There is a claim that the legal code > of CC-BY-SA cannot be r...
2009/3/20 Erik Moeller <erik@...>: > 2009/3/18 geni <geniice@...>: >> 1 person on this list. The rest of the opposition com...
2009/3/20 geni <geniice@...>: > Your suggestion that wikipedia:copyrights has any baring on what > people have agreed to have done w...
2009/3/21 Erik Moeller <erik@...>: > Well, I'm glad that we've cleared up that CC-BY-SA and link-back > credit aren't irreconcilable...
2009/3/20 geni <geniice@...>: > Now that argument is flawed on a number of grounds but I think I'll > take the easy option. Where is...
2009/3/21 Erik Moeller <erik@...>: > 2009/3/20 geni <geniice@...>: >> Now that argument is flawed on a number of grounds bu...
On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 8:42 AM, geni <geniice@...> wrote: > 2009/3/21 Erik Moeller <erik@...>: > > There's no reason to ...
So, the authors directly relate to give completely true form of contributed to switch to assume your minimally acceptable is because of share-al...
On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 9:07 PM, Erik Moeller <erik@...> wrote: > The change tracking history section has nothing to do with > att...
To be clear, my personal position toward any kind authorship (especially toward "moral rights") is a very negative one. In brief, I th...
2009/3/19 Milos Rancic <millosh@...>: > This kind of construction makes one copyleft license in practice just > a little bit stronge...
On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 5:54 AM, Erik Moeller <erik@...> wrote: > 2009/3/19 Milos Rancic <millosh@...>: >> This kind of con...
On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 11:30 PM, Erik Moeller <erik@...> wrote: > 3) Part 3: Is such an attribution model consistent with the past &...
Milos writes: > > Again, personally, I don't have problems with it. However, I think > that the present construction of the attribut...
On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 10:41 PM, Mike Godwin <mnemonic@...> wrote: > I disagree that there is a "huge" probability of legal e...
On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 4:16 PM, Milos Rancic <millosh@...> wrote: > > As Wikipedia is becoming more and more a regular part of ou...
2009/3/20 Mike Godwin <mnemonic@...>: >> If we have, let's say, 10.000.000 of contributors and 1% of them >> (100.000) is not ha...
On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 1:15 AM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton@...> wrote: > I think the percentages given as plausible, but do we really...
2009/3/21 Milos Rancic <millosh@...>: > On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 1:15 AM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton@...> wrote: >> I thin...
On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 1:57 AM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton@...> wrote: > 10% doesn't sound at all reasonable to me. In one of the ...
On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 5:15 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton@...>wrote: > > Pascal's Wager involves infinite gain/loss - this is ...