Lightning talk and poster submission status?

Lightning talk and poster submission status?

Minh Nguyen-6
Hi,

Could anyone give an update on the status of lightning talk and poster
submissions? The Submissions page [1] says we should've expected a
decision a month ago. A colleague of mine has proposed a poster but has
yet to hear back; the decision may affect whether he can attend. It
would also be great to know in advance so we can prepare. :-) Thank you!

[1] https://wikimania2017.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions

--
Minh Nguyen <[hidden email]>
[[User:mxn]]

Re: Lightning talk and poster submission status?

Phoebe Ayers-2
Hi Mihn,

Can you / your colleague write me at [hidden email]? The poster acceptances did go out and your colleague should have heard back from us. I want to make sure it didn't fall through the cracks.

Lightning talks -- the emails for those have not all gone out, my sincere apologies to everyone. We expect to have room for all of the proposed lightning talks and I'm working right now to see if I can make some more room in the schedule for additional ones.

Phoebe

On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 11:53 AM, Minh Nguyen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Could anyone give an update on the status of lightning talk and poster submissions? The Submissions page [1] says we should've expected a decision a month ago. A colleague of mine has proposed a poster but has yet to hear back; the decision may affect whether he can attend. It would also be great to know in advance so we can prepare. :-) Thank you!

[1] https://wikimania2017.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions

--
Minh Nguyen <[hidden email]>
[[User:mxn]]

Re: Lightning talk and poster submission status?

Minh Nguyen
On 24/07/2017 10:05, phoebe ayers wrote:
> Can you / your colleague write me at [hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>? The poster acceptances did go
> out and your colleague should have heard back from us. I want to make
> sure it didn't fall through the cracks.

Yes, looks like he heard from you and this is all taken care of. Sorry
for the confusion!

> Lightning talks -- the emails for those have not all gone out, my
> sincere apologies to everyone. We expect to have room for all of the
> proposed lightning talks and I'm working right now to see if I can make
> some more room in the schedule for additional ones.

Thank you for the update -- much appreciated!