List of expired accounts

Federico Leva (Nemo)
Hi, can we have a list of all the accounts that expired in the Big
Catastrophic Deadline of the 6th (and have no redirects to other places,
maybe)? We're bound to have hundreds of dead tools in this moment and
I'd like to avoid chasing them individually.

Nemo

P.s.: Thanks erwin for renewing the account! Those tools are crucial for
stewards. But he still needs help, only 3/14 work on Labs without major
changes. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Erwin#Tool_Labs

Re: List of expired accounts

Tim Landscheidt
"Federico Leva (Nemo)" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, can we have a list of all the accounts that expired in
> the Big Catastrophic Deadline of the 6th (and have no
> redirects to other places, maybe)? We're bound to have
> hundreds of dead tools in this moment and I'd like to avoid
> chasing them individually.

> [...]

You can do so yourself:

| timl@willow:~$ ldapsearch -h ldap -b o=unix,o=toolserver '(&(objectclass=posixaccount)(shadowexpire<=16083)(!(shadowexpire=16083)))' uid |
| > sed -ne 's/^uid: //p;'
| [...]

However, I don't think that's a useful approach.  If there
are tools in use, and someone complains about them no longer
working or their URLs get hammered in the httpd logs, resur-
rect them for sure; if not, let them rest in peace.

There's a lot to be done for tools that are /actually/ in
demand; no need to spend time on ones that clearly aren't.

Tim

Re: List of expired accounts

Federico Leva (Nemo)
Thanks, Tim. That gives me 558 usernames, a bit too much: I'd probably
need to filter out the accounts which had already expired (much) earlier.
Focusing on what there's demand for is what I intend to do, but I have
dozens of tools in my bookmarks and more listed on wiki pages they
relate to, listing and checking them one by one constantly is annoying.

Nemo