Lists

Gerard Meijssen-3
Hoi,
Magnus has produced new functionality that allows for lists that are based
on information in Wikidata.

The great thing is that it is essentially possible to maintain the data in
Wikidata only and show the information on any and all Wikipedias.

Examples are lists for award winners or lists that include data that
changes often.

I blogged about it and, I want to move the list for the N peace award and
make it a proper article on the English Wikipedia.
Thanks,
     GerardM

http://ultimategerardm.blogspot.nl/2015/05/wikipedia-farkhunda-iii.html

Re: Lists

Carcharoth
It looks interesting. What does this do that lists on individual
Wikipedias can't do?

I work a fair amount on award lists, and some are in other countries
or have recipients with articles in other Wikipedias, but mostly they
are relatively obscure and will not have an article on any Wikipedia.

Examples:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frink_Medal
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leidy_Award
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Robert_Oppenheimer_Memorial_Prize

There are huge numbers of awards articles out there, some waiting to
be created. Many of them are good resources for red-links of articles
that could be created.

A better example (for more interwikis) is this article (in en, de, it and pt):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werner_von_Siemens_Ring

How would wikidata handle that sort of data?

Carcharoth

On 5/14/15, Gerard Meijssen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hoi,
> Magnus has produced new functionality that allows for lists that are based
> on information in Wikidata.
>
> The great thing is that it is essentially possible to maintain the data in
> Wikidata only and show the information on any and all Wikipedias.
>
> Examples are lists for award winners or lists that include data that
> changes often.
>
> I blogged about it and, I want to move the list for the N peace award and
> make it a proper article on the English Wikipedia.
> Thanks,
>      GerardM
>

> http://ultimategerardm.blogspot.nl/2015/05/wikipedia-farkhunda-iii.html

Re: Lists

Richard Symonds-3
The best thing it would do is ensure the lists are the same across all
languages, I believe!

Richard Symonds
Wikimedia UK
0207 065 0992