Live view of Wikipedia articles ?

Thomas Pedersen-2
Is it possible to display a couple of articles from wikipedia on my own site
that stay in sync ?
Selfupdating once a day, a week or so.

Re: Live view of Wikipedia articles ?

Fernando Correia
2007/2/15, Thomas <[hidden email]>:
> Is it possible to display a couple of articles from wikipedia on my own site
> that stay in sync ?
> Selfupdating once a day, a week or so.

Yes, with some server programming on your side. The IFRAME tag can help.

Re: Live view of Wikipedia articles ?

Rob Church
On 15/02/07, Fernando Correia <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Yes, with some server programming on your side. The IFRAME tag can help.

Please don't remote load pages from Wikipedia; we block such leeches.

Rob Church

Re: Live view of Wikipedia articles ?

Bugzilla from sy1234@gmail.com
On 2/15/07, Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is it possible to display a couple of articles from wikipedia on my own site
> that stay in sync ?
> Selfupdating once a day, a week or so.

Maybe if you wget the raw content every few days you could provide it
on your site.

Re: Live view of Wikipedia articles ?

Jim R. Wilson
> Is it possible to display a couple of articles from wikipedia on my own
site
> that stay in sync ?
> Selfupdating once a day, a week or so.

You could use "scary transclusion" to pull the content from another wiki
into your own.  The page would be cached, so when you want it updated - just
use "action=purge"

Note: I don't know if scary transclusion is build into mediawiki for
interwikis - I'm having troubld finding documentation on it. :(

-- Jim R. Wilson (jimbojw)

On 15/02/07, Jim Wilson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Note: I don't know if scary transclusion is build into mediawiki for
> interwikis - I'm having troubld finding documentation on it. :(

It is. There should be a post in the archives of this list where I
explained how to enable it.

Rob Church