Living Person Task Force: Phase Two

Keegan Peterzell
Hello, Wikimedians.

This weekend I plan on finalizing the timeline for phase two of the Living
Person Task Force: a community findings recommendation.

What we are interested in is people from all size wikis participating in
discussing common interests and problems on interpersonal and intrapersonal
interaction relating to Wikimedia projects.  This includes statistics
gathering, examination of how projects handle OTRS complaints/issues, image
use, quotation use, and sourcing.  It is very important that we get
participation in these areas, if anything just to received feedback on the
wiki.  I have subpages set up for these discussion on the Strategy site, <
http://strategy.wikimedia.org/wiki/Task_force/Living_People>.

In six to eight weeks we'd like to develop recommendations from the Task
Force that are more in-depth than the proposed recommendations to be passed
by the Board this month, to assist in developing projects identify and set
up structures for the issues that come with societies.

If you have experience dealing with living people on any of our wikis, or if
you have ideas on how policies can be established/improved, please
participate in the discussions so that we can adequately asses the projects
as a whole.

Thanks for your time, see you on the wiki!

--
~Keegan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Keegan

Re: Living Person Task Force: Phase Two

Effe iets anders
ok, I pasted this in the Dutch village pump of wikipedia, because I
dont have currently the feeling that this is really a subject that is
living with wikipedians, although they would care about it.

I would like to suggest that something similar is done in other VP's,
considering the huge impact this might have on projects. Just
foundation-l wouldn't give you the credibility that you will need to
have enough support I think.

Lodewijk

2010/4/9 Keegan Peterzell <[hidden email]>:

> Hello, Wikimedians.
>
> This weekend I plan on finalizing the timeline for phase two of the Living
> Person Task Force: a community findings recommendation.
>
> What we are interested in is people from all size wikis participating in
> discussing common interests and problems on interpersonal and intrapersonal
> interaction relating to Wikimedia projects.  This includes statistics
> gathering, examination of how projects handle OTRS complaints/issues, image
> use, quotation use, and sourcing.  It is very important that we get
> participation in these areas, if anything just to received feedback on the
> wiki.  I have subpages set up for these discussion on the Strategy site, <
> http://strategy.wikimedia.org/wiki/Task_force/Living_People>.
>
> In six to eight weeks we'd like to develop recommendations from the Task
> Force that are more in-depth than the proposed recommendations to be passed
> by the Board this month, to assist in developing projects identify and set
> up structures for the issues that come with societies.
>
> If you have experience dealing with living people on any of our wikis, or if
> you have ideas on how policies can be established/improved, please
> participate in the discussions so that we can adequately asses the projects
> as a whole.
>
> Thanks for your time, see you on the wiki!
>
> --
> ~Keegan
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Keegan

Re: Living Person Task Force: Phase Two

Keegan Peterzell
On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 4:37 AM, effe iets anders
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> ok, I pasted this in the Dutch village pump of wikipedia, because I
> dont have currently the feeling that this is really a subject that is
> living with wikipedians, although they would care about it.
>
> I would like to suggest that something similar is done in other VP's,
> considering the huge impact this might have on projects. Just
> foundation-l wouldn't give you the credibility that you will need to
> have enough support I think.
>
> Lodewijk

Thanks, I posted to meta, the en.wp Village Pump, and wikien-l.  If others
could also help post in their native language wikis, that'd be tremendous.
 Much appreciated, Lodewijk.

--
~Keegan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Keegan

Re: Living Person Task Force: Phase Two

Effe iets anders
yes, that is what i was afraid for already :) only enwikipedia and
meta, practically...

2010/4/10 Keegan Peterzell <[hidden email]>:

> On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 4:37 AM, effe iets anders <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> ok, I pasted this in the Dutch village pump of wikipedia, because I
>> dont have currently the feeling that this is really a subject that is
>> living with wikipedians, although they would care about it.
>>
>> I would like to suggest that something similar is done in other VP's,
>> considering the huge impact this might have on projects. Just
>> foundation-l wouldn't give you the credibility that you will need to
>> have enough support I think.
>>
>> Lodewijk
>>

> Thanks, I posted to meta, the en.wp Village Pump, and wikien-l.  If others
> could also help post in their native language wikis, that'd be tremendous.
>  Much appreciated, Lodewijk.
> --
> ~Keegan
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Keegan

Re: Living Person Task Force: Phase Two

Effe iets anders
of course especially considering the TF members' home wiki's are only
enwikipedia and dewikipedia, which are of course big wiki's but,
doesn't help you spreading the message. Perhaps it would be helpful
for the accepting of any outcomes if you tried more actively to reach
out to other communities. For example, by asking the translation team
to translate it, by posting your message yourself on the numerous
village pumps and ask people there to translate it as well etc. It
also might increase the number of ongoing discussions on the
strategywiki, which is currently quite limited (the only related
discussions I could find up to now are IRC-meetings and a few threads
on talkpages not linked from the main project page directly?)

anyway, I hope this can be turned around, and that after all more
people with different angles can cooperate and for example help ensure
that smaller wiki's wont perish from hard to make standards which
might make sense for dewiki and enwiki. (I'm happy to see there's a
SWMT-member though, but still better to involve more people I think)

Best,

Lodewijk