Local Wikipedia mirror system messages

Timothy Pearson
Hi all,

I have successfully set up a local wikipedia instance using the English
data dumps, but I cannot seem to find a copy of the MediaWiki translation
files in use on the Wikipedia sites.  As a result, tags like
"wm-license-information-description" are not displayed correctly.

Is there a place I can download the Wikipedia-modified system message
files (languages/messages/MessagesEn.php,
languages/messages/MessagesQqq.php, etc.)?

Thanks!

Tim

Re: Local Wikipedia mirror system messages

Timothy Pearson
> Hi all,
>
> I have successfully set up a local wikipedia instance using the English
> data dumps, but I cannot seem to find a copy of the MediaWiki translation
> files in use on the Wikipedia sites.  As a result, tags like
> "wm-license-information-description" are not displayed correctly.
>
> Is there a place I can download the Wikipedia-modified system message
> files (languages/messages/MessagesEn.php,
> languages/messages/MessagesQqq.php, etc.)?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Tim

Is this the wrong mailing list for this type of query?

Thanks!

Tim

Re: Local Wikipedia mirror system messages

James Alexander-3
Hi Tim,

It is and is a,relatively, low traffic list which is probably why you
weren't responded too as quickly. You may want to try wikitech-l (
[hidden email]) which has a lot of the more technically
minded staff and volunteers who can help you figure out what is wrong. I
know that our default messages come with the installs so they can probably
help find out what went wrong.

James