Login Against Vodafone Branch

Eddie Roger
I'm trying to log in against the Vodafone branch on a dev server
through the API, and I had a (probably) silly question. The API loads
LocalSettings.php, correct? I ask because we're using the
LdapAuthentication extension, which works as expected through the
browser, but the API throws an error that it couldn't throw if it had
all the settings. So, probably a dumb question, but at some point it
loads, correct?

Re: Login Against Vodafone Branch

Roan Kattouw
Eddie Roger schreef:

> I'm trying to log in against the Vodafone branch on a dev server
> through the API, and I had a (probably) silly question. The API loads
> LocalSettings.php, correct? I ask because we're using the
> LdapAuthentication extension, which works as expected through the
> browser, but the API throws an error that it couldn't throw if it had
> all the settings. So, probably a dumb question, but at some point it
> loads, correct?

LocalSettings.php is always loaded. There are even API configuration
settings in there!

Roan Kattouw

Re: Login Against Vodafone Branch

Eddie Roger
Yeah, you got me - I spoke quicker than I tested. Sorry about that,
I'm still getting this stuff down. Let me expand the question - does
anyone use the domain field with the API in this branch? That's the
cause of my problem, its not passing the domain to the login, so LDAP
can't pick the right server from its config. I apologize for the list
spam.

Eddie

Eddie Roger schreef:

> Yeah, you got me - I spoke quicker than I tested. Sorry about that,
> I'm still getting this stuff down. Let me expand the question - does
> anyone use the domain field with the API in this branch? That's the
> cause of my problem, its not passing the domain to the login, so LDAP
> can't pick the right server from its config. I apologize for the list
> spam.
>
> Eddie

Look at http://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php under action=login. You can
specify the domain field with the lgdomain parameter.

Roan Kattouw