Login via cookie/redirect to external site

Login via cookie/redirect to external site

Dan Davis-2
Hello and apologies in advance if this has been covered indepth elsewhere...

I have implemented a wiki site for work using the normal builtin
authentication. My company, however, offers a domain wide single
sign-on platform. To participate, an application checks for the
existence of a particular cookie. If it exists and is still valid,
authentication is allowed using the user details in that cookie.

However, if it does not exist, has expired, or is otherwise invalid,
the application is supposed to redirect the user to a central site to
authenticate themselves. Upon successful authentication, the cookie is
created/updated and the user is redirected back to the application.

I glanced through AuthPlugin.php, and I can see how to tie in the
actual checking of the cookie, but I can not clearly see the best way
to handle redirects to the external site. Any guidance would be much
appreciated.

Dan Davis

Re: Login via cookie/redirect to external site

chris muse
There is some good information at
http://wiki.case.edu/CaseWiki:External_Authentication that might be
helpful to check out which we used to help build the same.

Cheers,
Chris