Logon security for MW

Mike Maughan-3
Morning all,

I'd like to set up security on a MW site so that:

   - the world can see the main page
   - only logged-on users can go further
   - users have to be approved before gaining initial access

Failing this, all under security, pre-approved and I'll do a separate index
page.

Is there a straightforward way to do this, please?

--
Regards, Mike

Re: Logon security for MW

Alex Zaddach
Mike Maughan wrote:

> Morning all,
>
> I'd like to set up security on a MW site so that:
>
>    - the world can see the main page
>    - only logged-on users can go further
>    - users have to be approved before gaining initial access
>
> Failing this, all under security, pre-approved and I'll do a separate index
> page.
>
> Is there a straightforward way to do this, please?

In LocalSettings.php:

$wgGroupPermissions['*']['read'] = false;
$wgGroupPermissions['*']['createaccount'] = false;
$wgGroupPermissions['*']['edit'] = false;
$wgWhitelistRead = array("Main Page", "Special:UserLogin",
"Special:RequestAccount");

and install <http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ConfirmAccount>

See <http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Preventing_access> for more
details.

--
Alex (wikipedia:en:User:Mr.Z-man)

Re: Logon security for MW

K. Peachey
On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 3:36 PM, Mike Maughan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Morning all,
>
> I'd like to set up security on a MW site so that:
>
>   - the world can see the main page
>   - only logged-on users can go further
>   - users have to be approved before gaining initial access
>
> Failing this, all under security, pre-approved and I'll do a separate index
> page.
>
> Is there a straightforward way to do this, please?
>
> --
> Regards, Mike
A) Apply the read right to the all users group (aka "*")
<http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:User_rights>
B) See Above
C) Use the ConfirmAccount Extension
<http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ConfirmAccount>

search engine does not see pages created by import

Frames Project
Hello,

I created a new wiki from an old one by transferring pages using
export/inport facility.

All pages are there at Special:AllPages, but the search does not find
any of them unless I made some edition on.

What can I do to make the "search" see the pages not having yet
edtided ?

Thanks
Francois Colonna

Re: search engine does not see pages created by import

Simon Walker-4
Hi!

have you tried running the rebuildtextindex.php maintenance script? If not,
I'd suggest you tried that.

2009/5/16 Frames Project <[hidden email]>

> Hello,
>
> I created a new wiki from an old one by transferring pages using
> export/inport facility.
>
> All pages are there at Special:AllPages, but the search does not find
> any of them unless I made some edition on.
>
> What can I do to make the "search" see the pages not having yet
> edtided ?
>
> Thanks
> Francois Colonna

Simon Walker
User:Stwalkerster on all public Wikimedia Foundation wikis
Administrator on the English Wikipedia
Developer of Helpmebot, the ACC tool, and Nubio 2 FAQ repository

Le samedi 16 mai 2009 à 14:40 +0100, Simon Walker a écrit :
> Hi!
>
> have you tried running the rebuildtextindex.php maintenance script? If not,
> I'd suggest you tried that.

Thank very much.
Everything is fine now.
Best regards