London Wiki Wednesday, 5th December 2007, at NYK Line, Moorgate.

London Wiki Wednesday, 5th December 2007, at NYK Line, Moorgate.

Gordon Joly

Jimmy Wales has been invited to speak at this month's event.

http://www.eu.socialtext.net/wikiwed/index.cgi?london_wikiwed_5_december_2007

http://www.eu.socialtext.net/wikiwed/index.cgi?london

The event will be hosted by NYK Shipping (thanks to Alek Lotoczko)
and SocialText will be footing the bill for - pizzas, beer and wine
(thanks to Ross Mayfield and Ross Hargreaves). The address is NYK
Line, 17th Floor, CityPoint, 1 Ropemaker Street, London EC2Y 9NY.
Nearest Tube is Moorgate.

We aim for people to arrive around 18:15 for a 19:00 formal start.

Please make sure you book your name below so a name badge can be
prepared, and if you have any difficulties on the night you can call
David Terrar on 07715 159423.

Re: London Wiki Wednesday, 5th December 2007, at NYK Line, Moorgate.

Katie Chan
<snip>Various details of fun thing in London</snip>

Bah, all the cool things seems to happen in London (not just talking
about WM related), I need to get a job down there when I graduate...

  - Heinrich Heine

At 11:29 +0000 2/12/07, Kwan Ting Chan wrote:

><snip>Various details of fun thing in London</snip>
>
>Bah, all the cool things seems to happen in London (not just talking
>about WM related), I need to get a job down there when I graduate...

Jimbo is also a keynote speaker at the Online Information Conference
in London...

http://www.online-information.co.uk/

Gordo

--
"Think Feynman"/////////
http://pobox.com/~gordo/

At 10:46 +0000 2/12/07, Gordon Joly wrote:

>Jimmy Wales has been invited to speak at this month's event.
>
>http://www.eu.socialtext.net/wikiwed/index.cgi?london_wikiwed_5_december_2007
>
>http://www.eu.socialtext.net/wikiwed/index.cgi?london
>

>The event will be hosted by NYK Shipping (thanks to Alek Lotoczko)
>and SocialText will be footing the bill for - pizzas, beer and wine
>(thanks to Ross Mayfield and Ross Hargreaves). The address is NYK
>Line, 17th Floor, CityPoint, 1 Ropemaker Street, London EC2Y 9NY.
>Nearest Tube is Moorgate.
>
>We aim for people to arrive around 18:15 for a 19:00 formal start.
>
>Please make sure you book your name below so a name badge can be
>prepared, and if you have any difficulties on the night you can call
>David Terrar on 07715 159423.

And I am suggesting the same pub afterwards as last time we met at NYK Line:

The Globe, 83 Moorgate, London, EC2M 6SA

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/59/594/Globe/Moorgate

Other local information:

http://london.randomness.org.uk/wiki.cgi?Moorgate_Station

http://london.randomness.org.uk/wiki.cgi?Locale_Moorgate

Travel info from http://www.lastrounds.co.uk/ at http://tinyurl.com/39wylj

Gordo

--
"Think Feynman"/////////
http://pobox.com/~gordo/

On 02/12/2007, Gordon Joly <[hidden email]> wrote:
> At 10:46 +0000 2/12/07, Gordon Joly wrote:

> >Jimmy Wales has been invited to speak at this month's event.
> >http://www.eu.socialtext.net/wikiwed/index.cgi?london_wikiwed_5_december_2007
> >http://www.eu.socialtext.net/wikiwed/index.cgi?london
> >The event will be hosted by NYK Shipping (thanks to Alek Lotoczko)
> >and SocialText will be footing the bill for - pizzas, beer and wine
> >(thanks to Ross Mayfield and Ross Hargreaves). The address is NYK
> >Line, 17th Floor, CityPoint, 1 Ropemaker Street, London EC2Y 9NY.
> >Nearest Tube is Moorgate.
> >We aim for people to arrive around 18:15 for a 19:00 formal start.
> >Please make sure you book your name below so a name badge can be
> >prepared, and if you have any difficulties on the night you can call
> >David Terrar on 07715 159423.

> And I am suggesting the same pub afterwards as last time we met at NYK Line:
> The Globe, 83 Moorgate, London, EC2M 6SA
> http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/59/594/Globe/Moorgate

OK. Shall we can the Shakespeare's Head and just go for this?

(Don't forget prebooking!)

- d.

Re: London Wiki Wednesday, 5th December 2007, at NYK Line, Moorgate.

> On 02/12/2007, Gordon Joly <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > At 10:46 +0000 2/12/07, Gordon Joly wrote:

> > >Jimmy Wales has been invited to speak at this month's event.
> > >http://www.eu.socialtext.net/wikiwed/index.cgi?london_wikiwed_5_december_2007

> OK. Shall we can the Shakespeare's Head and just go for this?
> (Don't forget prebooking!)

I've posted the above to [[Wikipedia:Meetup/London]]. WikiWednesday it
shall be. Then pub.

- d.

At 21:47 +0000 2/12/07, David Gerard wrote:

>On 02/12/2007, Gordon Joly <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>  At 10:46 +0000 2/12/07, Gordon Joly wrote:
>
>>  >Jimmy Wales has been invited to speak at this month's event.
>  > >http://www.eu.socialtext.net/wikiwed/index.cgi?london_wikiwed_5_december_2007
>  > >http://www.eu.socialtext.net/wikiwed/index.cgi?london
>>  >The event will be hosted by NYK Shipping (thanks to Alek Lotoczko)
>>  >and SocialText will be footing the bill for - pizzas, beer and wine
>>  >(thanks to Ross Mayfield and Ross Hargreaves). The address is NYK
>>  >Line, 17th Floor, CityPoint, 1 Ropemaker Street, London EC2Y 9NY.
>>  >Nearest Tube is Moorgate.
>>  >We aim for people to arrive around 18:15 for a 19:00 formal start.
>>  >Please make sure you book your name below so a name badge can be
>>  >prepared, and if you have any difficulties on the night you can call
>>  >David Terrar on 07715 159423.
>
>>  And I am suggesting the same pub afterwards as last time we met at NYK Line:
>>  The Globe, 83 Moorgate, London, EC2M 6SA
>>  http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/59/594/Globe/Moorgate
>

>OK. Shall we can the Shakespeare's Head and just go for this?
>
>(Don't forget prebooking!)

The Globe is very close, so I guess if you miss the LWW event, you
can coagulate in the pub anyway?

Pre-booking just means adding you name to the list of names at the
bottom of this page:

http://tinyurl.com/34kpdk

http://www.eu.socialtext.net/wikiwed/index.cgi?london_wikiwed_5_december_2007

Sue Gardner is already on the list.

Gordo

--
"Think Feynman"/////////
http://pobox.com/~gordo/

Re: London Wiki Wednesday, 5th December 2007, at NYK Line, Moorgate.

Andrew Gray
On 03/12/2007, Gordon Joly <[hidden email]> wrote:

> >OK. Shall we can the Shakespeare's Head and just go for this?
> >
> >(Don't forget prebooking!)
>

> The Globe is very close, so I guess if you miss the LWW event, you
> can coagulate in the pub anyway?

Coagulate... what a good pubbish word!

> Pre-booking just means adding you name to the list of names at the
> bottom of this page:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/34kpdk
>
> http://www.eu.socialtext.net/wikiwed/index.cgi?london_wikiwed_5_december_2007
>
> Sue Gardner is already on the list.

I can safely say that trying to log in to edit that was a fight and a
half! still, on the list now...

(I recognise quite a sprinking of names there. I wonder if we'll end
up outweighing the regulars)

--
- Andrew Gray

At 17:26 +0000 3/12/07, Andrew Gray wrote:

>On 03/12/2007, Gordon Joly <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>  >OK. Shall we can the Shakespeare's Head and just go for this?
>>  >
>>  >(Don't forget prebooking!)
>>
>  >
>>  The Globe is very close, so I guess if you miss the LWW event, you
>>  can coagulate in the pub anyway?
>
>Coagulate... what a good pubbish word!

We speak the same lingo.

>  > Pre-booking just means adding you name to the list of names at the
>>  bottom of this page:
>>
>>  http://tinyurl.com/34kpdk
>>

>>http://www.eu.socialtext.net/wikiwed/index.cgi?london_wikiwed_5_december_2007
>>
>>  Sue Gardner is already on the list.
>
>I can safely say that trying to log in to edit that was a fight and a
>half! still, on the list now...
>
>(I recognise quite a sprinking of names there. I wonder if we'll end
>up outweighing the regulars)

In that case the drinks are on you!

:-)

Gordo

--
"Think Feynman"/////////
http://pobox.com/~gordo/

Re: London Wiki Wednesday, 5th December 2007, at NYK Line, Moorgate.

Gordon Joly

Please note that you must register here:

http://www.eu.socialtext.net/wikiwed/index.cgi?london_wikiwed_5_december_2007

For a flavour of previous meetings are here:

http://www.eu.socialtext.net/wikiwed/index.cgi?london

If you fail to register (yes, this is not Mediawiki!!), feel free to
email me and I will add your name.

Gordon

020 7515 4964

At 10:44 +0000 4/12/07, Gordon Joly wrote:

>Please note that you must register here:
>
>http://www.eu.socialtext.net/wikiwed/index.cgi?london_wikiwed_5_december_2007
>
>For a flavour of previous meetings are here:
>
>http://www.eu.socialtext.net/wikiwed/index.cgi?london
>
>If you fail to register (yes, this is not Mediawiki!!), feel free to
>email me and I will add your name.
>
>Gordon
>
>020 7515 4964

  From the above link:

"Note: Space is limited so we'll have to restrict the numbers to 40.
If you've booked on, but then can't make it this evening, please
update the wiki to free up space for somebody else."

Gordon

--
"Think Feynman"/////////
http://pobox.com/~gordo/

At 09:20 +0000 5/12/07, Gordon Joly wrote:

>At 10:44 +0000 4/12/07, Gordon Joly wrote:
>>Please note that you must register here:
>>
>>http://www.eu.socialtext.net/wikiwed/index.cgi?london_wikiwed_5_december_2007
>>
>>For a flavour of previous meetings are here:
>>
>>http://www.eu.socialtext.net/wikiwed/index.cgi?london
>>
>>If you fail to register (yes, this is not Mediawiki!!), feel free to
>>email me and I will add your name.
>>
>>Gordon
>>
>>020 7515 4964
>>

>   From the above link:
>
>"Note: Space is limited so we'll have to restrict the numbers to 40.
>If you've booked on, but then can't make it this evening, please
>update the wiki to free up space for somebody else."

Updated to 45.

Gordo

--
"Think Feynman"/////////