[[Long Dong Silver]]

Phil Nash-3
This article needs to be put out of its misery; it's been tagged for
additional citations for 21 months, and still does not meet the
[[WP:PORNBIO]] criteria. It also appears to contain unsourced BLP vandalism
(Liam McBride?) . All citations refer to one incident in which he was
referred to in passing, which does not confer notability. As for "His head
is also pictured in an episode of the show Futurama entitled "A Head in the
Polls.", as far as I am aware about this performer, his head is the least
notable part of his anatomy.

I'd do it myself, but.....

Thanks.

Re: [[Long Dong Silver]]

Fred Bauder-2
> This article needs to be put out of its misery; it's been tagged for
> additional citations for 21 months, and still does not meet the
> [[WP:PORNBIO]] criteria. It also appears to contain unsourced BLP
> vandalism
> (Liam McBride?) . All citations refer to one incident in which he was
> referred to in passing, which does not confer notability. As for "His
> head
> is also pictured in an episode of the show Futurama entitled "A Head in
> the
> Polls.", as far as I am aware about this performer, his head is the least
> notable part of his anatomy.
>
> I'd do it myself, but.....
>
> Thanks.

Seems like a close question to me, but I think Thomas was referring to
himself, not some obscure porn star.

Fred

Re: [[Long Dong Silver]]

Phil Nash-3
Fred Bauder wrote:

>> This article needs to be put out of its misery; it's been tagged for
>> additional citations for 21 months, and still does not meet the
>> [[WP:PORNBIO]] criteria. It also appears to contain unsourced BLP
>> vandalism
>> (Liam McBride?) . All citations refer to one incident in which he was
>> referred to in passing, which does not confer notability. As for "His
>> head
>> is also pictured in an episode of the show Futurama entitled "A Head
>> in the
>> Polls.", as far as I am aware about this performer, his head is the
>> least notable part of his anatomy.
>>
>> I'd do it myself, but.....
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> Seems like a close question to me, but I think Thomas was referring to
> himself, not some obscure porn star.
>
> Fred

Even so, LDS fails [[WP:GNG]] per [[WP:ONEVENT]] on that basis, and his
notability should be judged by [[WP:PORNBIO]] and not otherwise, since the
thrust (sorry!) of the article is that he is notable as a porn star and not
as a bit-player in the machinations of US politics. The article, as it
stands, is a disgrace to Wikipedia's standards, if it still claims to have
any.

Re: [[Long Dong Silver]]

George William Herbert
Ok,

A. The assertion that he fails PORNBIO seems rather flat on the face
of it, based on my moderate familiarity with 70s/80s porn, and

B. WTF happened with the article history?  It seems to have been hard
deleted rather than normal deleted.  I can't even go back and check
the version diffs to see what was actually there previously.  I can't
even tell who deleted the revs, as far as I can see.

Bad, bad form.

-george

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 5:26 PM, Phil Nash <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Fred Bauder wrote:
>>> This article needs to be put out of its misery; it's been tagged for
>>> additional citations for 21 months, and still does not meet the
>>> [[WP:PORNBIO]] criteria. It also appears to contain unsourced BLP
>>> vandalism
>>> (Liam McBride?) . All citations refer to one incident in which he was
>>> referred to in passing, which does not confer notability. As for "His
>>> head
>>> is also pictured in an episode of the show Futurama entitled "A Head
>>> in the
>>> Polls.", as far as I am aware about this performer, his head is the
>>> least notable part of his anatomy.
>>>
>>> I'd do it myself, but.....
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>
>> Seems like a close question to me, but I think Thomas was referring to
>> himself, not some obscure porn star.
>>
>> Fred
>
> Even so, LDS fails [[WP:GNG]] per [[WP:ONEVENT]] on that basis, and his
> notability should be judged by [[WP:PORNBIO]] and not otherwise, since the
> thrust (sorry!) of the article is that he is notable as a porn star and not
> as a bit-player in the machinations of US politics. The article, as it
> stands, is a disgrace to Wikipedia's standards, if it still claims to have
> any.

-george william herbert

Re: [[Long Dong Silver]]

Steve Summit
It's still in Google's cache.  It doesn'tlook so very bad,
that I can see.

The last entry on the talk page indicates that the page was
deleted (and, yes, supporessed) by Fred at 00:41.

George Herbert wrote:

> Ok,
>
> A. The assertion that he fails PORNBIO seems rather flat on the face
> of it, based on my moderate familiarity with 70s/80s porn, and
>
> B. WTF happened with the article history?  It seems to have been hard
> deleted rather than normal deleted.  I can't even go back and check
> the version diffs to see what was actually there previously.  I can't
> even tell who deleted the revs, as far as I can see.
>
> Bad, bad form.
>

> -george

> >> Seems like a close question to me, but I think Thomas was referring to
> >> himself, not some obscure porn star.
> >>
> >> Fred
> >
> > Even so, LDS fails [[WP:GNG]] per [[WP:ONEVENT]] on that basis, and his
> > notability should be judged by [[WP:PORNBIO]] and not otherwise, since the
> > thrust (sorry!) of the article is that he is notable as a porn star and not
> > as a bit-player in the machinations of US politics. The article, as it
> > stands, is a disgrace to Wikipedia's standards, if it still claims to have
> > any.

> -george william herbert

Re: [[Long Dong Silver]]

George William Herbert
Fred?  Could you please explain why you suppressed the revisions?

None of the criteria seems to apply.

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 7:33 PM, Steve Summit <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It's still in Google's cache.  It doesn'tlook so very bad,
> that I can see.
>
> The last entry on the talk page indicates that the page was
> deleted (and, yes, supporessed) by Fred at 00:41.
>

> George Herbert wrote:
>> Ok,
>>
>> A. The assertion that he fails PORNBIO seems rather flat on the face
>> of it, based on my moderate familiarity with 70s/80s porn, and
>>
>> B. WTF happened with the article history?  It seems to have been hard
>> deleted rather than normal deleted.  I can't even go back and check
>> the version diffs to see what was actually there previously.  I can't
>> even tell who deleted the revs, as far as I can see.
>>
>> Bad, bad form.
>>

>> -george

>> > Even so, LDS fails [[WP:GNG]] per [[WP:ONEVENT]] on that basis, and his
>> > notability should be judged by [[WP:PORNBIO]] and not otherwise, since the
>> > thrust (sorry!) of the article is that he is notable as a porn star and not
>> > as a bit-player in the machinations of US politics. The article, as it
>> > stands, is a disgrace to Wikipedia's standards, if it still claims to have
>> > any.

>> --
>> -george william herbert

-george william herbert