Looking for examples of use of Wikipedia and Wikidata in AI

Looking for examples of use of Wikipedia and Wikidata in AI

john cummings-3
Hi all

I'm putting together an overview of Wikimedia for a conference submission
and their theme is AI. Does anyone have any examples of use of Wikimedia by
AI projects?

Thanks

John

Re: Looking for examples of use of Wikipedia and Wikidata in AI

Lucie-Aimée Kaffee-2
Hello John,

In the domain of natural language generation, there has been some work
around generating text from Wikidata triples (mostly for Wikipedia):

In under-resourced languages, domain-independent:
https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-319-93417-4_21

In under-resourced languages, domain-independent:
http://aclweb.org/anthology/N18-2101

In English, for the biography domain (Wikidata and DBpedia):
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1570826818300313

In English, for the biography domain:
https://arxiv.org/abs/1702.06235

Since we worked in this field, please reach out if you have questions
regarding those publications.
Best,
Lucie

--
Lucie-Aimée Kaffee
Web and Internet Science Group

Re: Looking for examples of use of Wikipedia and Wikidata in AI

Isaac Johnson
Coincidentally, Louise Matsakis also just wrote a piece for Wired about the
Google donations in which she includes a bunch of pointers to how Wikimedia
content is used by AI systems:
https://www.wired.com/story/google-wikipedia-machine-learning-glow-languages/

I would also point you towards a few high-profile instances:
Major dataset used for training AI question and answer systems:
https://rajpurkar.github.io/SQuAD-explorer/
Entity linking from OpenAI:
https://blog.openai.com/discovering-types-for-entity-disambiguation/
Scanning through dataset search might help as well:
https://toolbox.google.com/datasetsearch/search?query=wikipedia

Best,
Isaac

On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 10:13 AM Lucie-Aimée Kaffee <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello John,
>
> In the domain of natural language generation, there has been some work
> around generating text from Wikidata triples (mostly for Wikipedia):
>
> In under-resourced languages, domain-independent:
> https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-319-93417-4_21
>
> In under-resourced languages, domain-independent:
> http://aclweb.org/anthology/N18-2101
>
> In English, for the biography domain (Wikidata and DBpedia):
> https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1570826818300313
>
> In English, for the biography domain:
> https://arxiv.org/abs/1702.06235
>
> Since we worked in this field, please reach out if you have questions
> regarding those publications.
> Best,
> Lucie
>

> On Wed, 23 Jan 2019 at 13:58, john cummings <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi all
> >
> > I'm putting together an overview of Wikimedia for a conference submission
> > and their theme is AI. Does anyone have any examples of use of Wikimedia
> by
> > AI projects?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > John
> >

> https://emea01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Flists.wikimedia.org%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fwiki-research-l&amp;data=01%7C01%7Ckaffee%40soton.ac.uk%7Cab8aa71a816e4692cf9808d681327764%7C4a5378f929f44d3ebe89669d03ada9d8%7C1&amp;sdata=S57nd6%2BdBFOCMLzB01YFLrxiGmqHmDsYS%2BoFOfYVosE%3D&amp;reserved=0
> >

> --
> Lucie-Aimée Kaffee
> Web and Internet Science Group
> School of Electronics and Computer Science
> University of Southampton

Isaac Johnson -- Research Scientist -- Wikimedia Foundation

Re: Looking for examples of use of Wikipedia and Wikidata in AI

john cummings-3
Thanks very much :)