Looking for maintainers: RelatedSites

Max Semenik
As RelatedSites extension has been undeployed from Wikimedia projects
today[1], a question arises: who will maintain it in the future? Unless
someone volunteers to maintain it, we will probably eventually have to
archive the repository. According to WikiApiary[2], besides WMF it's used
only on vojnaenciklopedija.com (ping Zoranzoki21).

----
[2] https://wikiapiary.com/wiki/Extension:RelatedSites
--
Best regards,
Max Semenik ([[User:MaxSem]])

Re: Looking for maintainers: RelatedSites

Brian Wolff
Lots of extensions are maintainerless. I dont see why that implies it will
eventually have to be archived. Perhaps the day will come when it no longer
works with modern mediawiki, but until that day comes, why not leave it be?

--
brian

On Monday, November 5, 2018, Max Semenik <[hidden email]> wrote:

> As RelatedSites extension has been undeployed from Wikimedia projects
> today[1], a question arises: who will maintain it in the future? Unless
> someone volunteers to maintain it, we will probably eventually have to
> archive the repository. According to WikiApiary[2], besides WMF it's used
> only on vojnaenciklopedija.com (ping Zoranzoki21).
>
> ----
> [1] https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T128326
> [2] https://wikiapiary.com/wiki/Extension:RelatedSites
> --
> Best regards,
> Max Semenik ([[User:MaxSem]])

Re: Looking for maintainers: RelatedSites

Max Semenik
Hey Brian, I didn't say it was going to happen any time soon. However, we
routinely archive extensions that have bitrotten to death, which having a
maintainer can prevent.

On Mon, Nov 5, 2018 at 5:04 PM Brian Wolff <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Lots of extensions are maintainerless. I dont see why that implies it will
> eventually have to be archived. Perhaps the day will come when it no longer
> works with modern mediawiki, but until that day comes, why not leave it be?
>
> --
> brian
>
> On Monday, November 5, 2018, Max Semenik <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > As RelatedSites extension has been undeployed from Wikimedia projects
> > today[1], a question arises: who will maintain it in the future? Unless
> > someone volunteers to maintain it, we will probably eventually have to
> > archive the repository. According to WikiApiary[2], besides WMF it's used
> > only on vojnaenciklopedija.com (ping Zoranzoki21).
> >
> > ----
> > [1] https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T128326
> > [2] https://wikiapiary.com/wiki/Extension:RelatedSites
> > --