Looking for people with multiple Web presence

Looking for people with multiple Web presence

Einat Amitay

Hi,

I'm looking for people with multiple Web presence. By multiple I mean that
you have more than a single homepage/blog/wiki user page/etc.

So - if you are willing to share your list of urls - by sending them to me
(just the urls - I don't need a lot more).

A url should be hosted on a different host for each "presence".

I want to study and compare such multiple entities.

Thanks,
Einat

---
Einat Amitay, PhD.
Information Retrieval Group
IBM Research Lab in Haifa, Israel

Alter ego:
http://WebIR.org
http://einat.webir.org

Re: Looking for people with multiple Web presence

Andrea Forte
Hi Einat - what kinds of measures are you taking to protect the
privacy of the people involved in your study? I have a few different
online selves on different sites that I try to keep as separate as
possible but before I would consent to be in such a study, I'd want to
know that my data was being protected rigorously. This is research of
a highly personal nature.

Also, can you explain the rationale that a person can only have one
online identity per host? At the risk of sounding confrontational, (I
don't mean to be! :-) ) I think you need only look at the practice of
maintaining multiple accounts on the same site to see that people
don't think of hosts as "selves" - i would be surprised if you found
any alignment at all between the technical infrastructure of the web
and the presentation of self. My sense is that setting this constraint
up front will conceal potentially interesting practices.

Andrea

On 9/20/06, Einat Amitay <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for people with multiple Web presence. By multiple I mean that
> you have more than a single homepage/blog/wiki user page/etc.
>
> So - if you are willing to share your list of urls - by sending them to me
> (just the urls - I don't need a lot more).
>
> A url should be hosted on a different host for each "presence".
>
> I want to study and compare such multiple entities.
>
> Thanks,
> Einat
>
> ---
> Einat Amitay, PhD.
> Information Retrieval Group
> IBM Research Lab in Haifa, Israel
>
> Alter ego:
> http://WebIR.org
> http://einat.webir.org

Re: Looking for people with multiple Web presence

Einat Amitay
The research is not about a single persona so no personal information will
be revealed. It is more about the mapping of interests on the Web and how a
single opinion can be enhanced by having multiple representations. In other
words - I want to study how a single person can change the conception of a
topic by having several sites.

I hope it makes sense...
Einat

---
Einat Amitay, PhD.
Information Retrieval Group
IBM Research Lab in Haifa, Israel

Alter ego:
http://WebIR.org
http://einat.webir.org

"Andrea Forte" <[hidden email]>@Wikimedia.org on 20/09/2006
18:01:27

Please respond to Research into Wikimedia content and communities
       <[hidden email]>

Sent by:    [hidden email]

To:    "Research into Wikimedia content and communities"
       <[hidden email]>