Lost EDITING new page

Dave Sigafoos
Version Info

* MediaWiki <http://www.mediawiki.org/> : 1.10.0
* PHP <http://www.php.net/> : 5.2.0-8+etch11 (apache2handler)
* MySQL <http://www.mysql.com/> : 5.0.32-Debian_7etch6-log

In the last week we have somehow lost the ability to 'edit' a new page.
You can go to a page and edit the whole page or a section of the page.

But If you enter "FOOBAR PAGE" in the search then click on edit new page
you will get a blank page with no header/footer .. nothing (guess that
is what 'blank' means)

Has anyone seen this before?  Ideas on what could change in a system
(outside of mediawiki) to do this?

tia

DSig
David Tod Sigafoos | SANMAR Corporation
PICK Guy
206-770-5585

Re: Lost EDITING new page

Thomas Dalton
> In the last week we have somehow lost the ability to 'edit' a new page.
> You can go to a page and edit the whole page or a section of the page.
>

> But If you enter "FOOBAR PAGE" in the search then click on edit new page
> you will get a blank page with no header/footer .. nothing (guess that
> is what 'blank' means)
>

> Has anyone seen this before?  Ideas on what could change in a system
> (outside of mediawiki) to do this?

Is it a publicly accessible wiki? If so, a link would be helpful so we
can see for ourselves.

Re: Lost EDITING new page

Dave Sigafoos
Thomas,

No, sorry it is not public or I would have include a link.

Thanks

DSig
David Tod Sigafoos | SANMAR Corporation
PICK Guy
206-770-5585
[hidden email]

> In the last week we have somehow lost the ability to 'edit' a new
page.
> You can go to a page and edit the whole page or a section of the page.
>

> But If you enter "FOOBAR PAGE" in the search then click on edit new
page
> you will get a blank page with no header/footer .. nothing (guess that
> is what 'blank' means)
>

> Has anyone seen this before?  Ideas on what could change in a system
> (outside of mediawiki) to do this?

Is it a publicly accessible wiki? If so, a link would be helpful so we
can see for ourselves.

Re: Lost EDITING new page

Dave Sigafoos
As follow-up, it turns out that someone created a category which had
itself as a category.  This along with the use of selectCategory
extension cause the problem to happen.