[MCR] Heads up: testwiki no longer writing to legacy fields in the revision table (rev_text_id, etc)

[MCR] Heads up: testwiki no longer writing to legacy fields in the revision table (rev_text_id, etc)

Daniel Kinzler-3
Hi all!

This is a quick heads up that we just switched testwiki (test.wikipedia.org) to
$wgMultiContentRevisionSchemaMigrationStage = SCHEMA_COMPAT_NEW [1]. We will do
the same for all WMF wikis soon[2], and make this the default for new installes
of MW 1.34[3].

In concrete terms, this means that the following fields will no longer be
populated: rev_text_id, rev_content_model, rev_content_formt, as well as
ar_text_id, ar_content_model, ar_content_formt. All code should now use the
slots table to join against the content table to find the relevant information.
This should already be the case for all code in core as well as all extensions
maintained, deployed or bundled by wmf. The unused fields will be removed
eventually.

If you notice any oddities on testwiki that might be related to this change,
please file a ticket on Phabricator and tag #Core_Platform_Team.

Cheers,
Daniel

Daniel Kinzler
Principal Software Engineer, Core Platform