[MILESTONE] 10th GLAMmy

Emmanuel Engelhart-4
Hi,

We have released yesterday our 10th GLAMmy:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Swiss_GLAMmies/2014-04-29_Hirsebreifahrt

launched a few weeks ago, the "Swiss GLAMmies" project is a WikimediaCH
driven project which has for purpose to advert GLAM donations to Commons
and swiss culture in general.

Every few days we choose a picture in the huge collection of pictures
about Switzerland we already have on Commons. We tell then a small story
(for now in French and German only) around it.

The result can be seen on Commons of course but also on a few social media:
* https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Swiss_GLAMmies
* http://swissglammies.tumblr.com/
* https://twitter.com/SwissGLAMmies
* https://www.facebook.com/SwissGLAMmies

This was achieved by a small team of redactors:
Micha, Horgner, Gestumblindi and myslef.

If you are interested in the swiss culture, your can help:
* Create your own GLAmmy in your mother tong
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Swiss_GLAMmies
* Help to translate existing GLAMmy in your mother tong
* Help to keep Tumblr and Twitter streams up2date (or create a new one
on Flickr for example)
* Create a copy of this project on WPFR, WPIT, WPDE or WPEN

We also think to technically improve the project, so if you have web
dev. skills, we would be really happy to hear from you.

Regards
Emmanuel
--
Volunteer
Technology, GLAM, Trainings

Re: [MILESTONE] 10th GLAMmy

Gabriel Thullen
Hello Emmanuel,

This is a really great project!
I will see if I can work on it with some students next school year.

Best regards
Gabe

* Create your own GLAmmy in your mother tong https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Swiss_GLAMmies

On 04/30/2014 11:53 PM, Gabriel Thullen wrote:
> This is a really great project!
> I will see if I can work on it with some students next school year.

This would be awesome... otherwise you may just have a look and propose
translations in English.

Emmanuel

Re: [MILESTONE] 10th GLAMmy

Gabriel Thullen
OK
I translated

Hirsebreifahrt

to see how it works.

Gabe

On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 4:53 PM, Emmanuel Engelhart <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 04/30/2014 11:53 PM, Gabriel Thullen wrote:
This is a really great project!
I will see if I can work on it with some students next school year.

This would be awesome... otherwise you may just have a look and propose translations in English.

Emmanuel

Re: [MILESTONE] 10th GLAMmy

rupert THURNER-2
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have released yesterday our 10th GLAMmy:
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Swiss_GLAMmies/2014-04-29_Hirsebreifahrt
>
> launched a few weeks ago, the "Swiss GLAMmies" project is a WikimediaCH
> driven project which has for purpose to advert GLAM donations to Commons and
> swiss culture in general.
>
> Every few days we choose a picture in the huge collection of pictures about
> Switzerland we already have on Commons. We tell then a small story (for now
> in French and German only) around it.
>
> The result can be seen on Commons of course but also on a few social media:
> * https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Swiss_GLAMmies
> * http://swissglammies.tumblr.com/
> * https://twitter.com/SwissGLAMmies
> * https://www.facebook.com/SwissGLAMmies
>
> This was achieved by a small team of redactors:
> Micha, Horgner, Gestumblindi and myslef.
>
> If you are interested in the swiss culture, your can help:
> * Create your own GLAmmy in your mother tong
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Swiss_GLAMmies
> * Help to translate existing GLAMmy in your mother tong
> * Help to keep Tumblr and Twitter streams up2date (or create a new one on
> Flickr for example)
> * Create a copy of this project on WPFR, WPIT, WPDE or WPEN
>
> We also think to technically improve the project, so if you have web dev.
> skills, we would be really happy to hear from you.

ilario, mauro, is there any chance to organise an italian translation
as well please?

rupert.

Re: [MILESTONE] 10th GLAMmy

rupert THURNER-2
On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 10:35 PM, rupert THURNER
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 6:45 PM, Emmanuel Engelhart
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We have released yesterday our 10th GLAMmy:
>> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Swiss_GLAMmies/2014-04-29_Hirsebreifahrt
>>
>> launched a few weeks ago, the "Swiss GLAMmies" project is a WikimediaCH
>> driven project which has for purpose to advert GLAM donations to Commons and
>> swiss culture in general.
>>
>> Every few days we choose a picture in the huge collection of pictures about
>> Switzerland we already have on Commons. We tell then a small story (for now
>> in French and German only) around it.
>>
>> The result can be seen on Commons of course but also on a few social media:
>> * https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Swiss_GLAMmies
>> * http://swissglammies.tumblr.com/
>> * https://twitter.com/SwissGLAMmies
>> * https://www.facebook.com/SwissGLAMmies
>>
>> This was achieved by a small team of redactors:
>> Micha, Horgner, Gestumblindi and myslef.
>>
>> If you are interested in the swiss culture, your can help:
>> * Create your own GLAmmy in your mother tong
>> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Swiss_GLAMmies
>> * Help to translate existing GLAMmy in your mother tong
>> * Help to keep Tumblr and Twitter streams up2date (or create a new one on
>> Flickr for example)
>> * Create a copy of this project on WPFR, WPIT, WPDE or WPEN
>>
>> We also think to technically improve the project, so if you have web dev.
>> skills, we would be really happy to hear from you.
>
> ilario, mauro, is there any chance to organise an italian translation
> as well please?

ha, and i failed to translate "landschaft" into english, at the ustertag:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Swiss_GLAMmies/2014-04-14_Ustertag

i was not even able to find it on wikipedia, for german. it seems it
is either so common that it needs no explanation, or died out except
in "basel landschaft". btw, there is an old book, now free available
as ebook digitized by google, from the bavarian state library, which
helps a little bit with the expressions:
https://google.ch/books?id=KBZCAAAAcAAJ

Genaue und vollständige Staats- und Erdbeschreibung der helvetischen
Eidgenossenschaft, derselben gemeinen Herrschaften und zugewandten
Orten.

rupert

Re: [MILESTONE] 10th GLAMmy

Gabriel Thullen
How should we insert links into the source code:
* [https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geschichte.....
or
* [[[:de:Geschichte...

Both ways of writing the links are used on the same pages, so which one is best?

Gabe

On 03.05.2014 10:17, Gabriel Thullen wrote:
> How should we insert links into the source code:
> * [https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geschichte.....
> or
> * [[[:de:Geschichte...
>
> Both ways of writing the links are used on the same pages, so which one
> is best?

Thank you both for your translations.
Always prefer the interwiki links to the external ones.

Emmanuel

--
Volunteer
Technology, GLAM, Trainings