MOSS launches COVID-19 Solutions Fund

Jonathan Morgan
FYI:
https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2020/03/31/moss-launches-covid-19-solutions-fund/

From the announcement: *"Mozilla is announcing today the creation of a
COVID-19 Solutions Fund as part of the Mozilla Open Source Support Program
(MOSS). Through this fund, we will provide awards of up to $50,000 each to
open source technology projects which are responding to the COVID-19
pandemic in some way. *

*The MOSS Program, created in 2015, broadens access, increases security,
and empowers users by providing catalytic funding to open source
technologists. We have already seen inspiring examples of open source
technology being used to increase the capacity of the world’s healthcare
systems to cope with this crisis. For example, just a few days ago, the
University of Florida Center for Safety, Simulation, and Advanced Learning
Technologies released an open source ventilator
<https://simulation.health.ufl.edu/technology-development/open-source-ventilator-project/>.
We believe there are many more life-saving open source technologies in the
world.*

*As part of the COVID-19 Solutions Fund, we will accept applications that
are hardware (e.g., an open source ventilator), software (e.g., a platform
that connects hospitals with people who have 3D printers who can print
parts for that open source ventilator), as well as software that solves for
secondary effects of COVID-19 (e.g., a browser plugin that combats COVID
related misinformation)."*

--
Jonathan T. Morgan
Senior Design Researcher

*Please note that I do not expect a response from you on evenings or
weekends*