MT tools to translate large no of articles...

MT tools to translate large no of articles...

Prasad Gadgil / प्रसाद गाडगीळ
Hi,

I have heard of some UN funded projejct and govt funded Anglahindi.
It's supposed to be frrly available on net. But the primary site is
down for quite some time http://anglahindi.iitk.ac.in/

We can use some sort of machne translation to do mass translation of
articles from english edition of wikipedia to Hindi. Any
ideas/comments...

--
regards,
prasad gadgil (In Indic script -> प्रसाद गाडगीळ)

Re: MT tools to translate large no of articles...

Prasad Gadgil / प्रसाद गाडगीळ
Hi,

BTW, quite some time back, I had emailed a person related to
anglahindi, and I was told that the anglahindi site was only an
experomental site, and it was expected to be commercially available
after sometime.

I am not sure if IITK can sell stuf that has been funded with public
money (which I suppose IITs are).