Mailing list for Wikiversity project.

Michael R. Irwin
Hello,

Can somebody knowledgeable regarding how to get a project mailing list
authorized and setup please provide a link to the procedure and mailing
address for the person to be contacted?

Wikiversity has been experiencing slow growth and I think much of it is
because interested people inexperienced with the wikimedia interface
cannot find applicable discussions or material.  I think a mailing list
might serve as an extremely valuable community formation and
coordination tool until we get some very active courses established to
act as epicenters for newcomer activity.

Thanks,

Michael Irwin,
aka lazyquasar or mirwin

Re: Mailing list for Wikiversity project.

Robert S. Horning
Michael R. Irwin wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Can somebody knowledgeable regarding how to get a project mailing list
>authorized and setup please provide a link to the procedure and mailing
>address for the person to be contacted?
>
>Wikiversity has been experiencing slow growth and I think much of it is
>because interested people inexperienced with the wikimedia interface
>cannot find applicable discussions or material.  I think a mailing list
>might serve as an extremely valuable community formation and
>coordination tool until we get some very active courses established to
>act as epicenters for newcomer activity.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Michael Irwin,
>aka lazyquasar or mirwin

might be useful, Textbook-l has been totally dead and would be a very
good place to at least start some of these discussions until such a list
is created.  BTW, there is quite a bit of discussion (from the past in
the archives) about Wikiversity on this mailing list as well.

--
Robert Scott Horning

Re: Mailing list for Wikiversity project.

Michael R. Irwin
Thanks Robert!

I will check out the archives and subscribe to Textbook-l while we wait
for action on the Wikiversity list.

lazyquasar

Robert Scott Horning wrote:

>While I would agree that a totally seperate mailing list for Wikiversity
>might be useful, Textbook-l has been totally dead and would be a very
>good place to at least start some of these discussions until such a list
>is created.  BTW, there is quite a bit of discussion (from the past in
>the archives) about Wikiversity on this mailing list as well.

Re: Mailing list for Wikiversity project.

Dariusz Siedlecki
There's also Wikiversityde-l, from what I remember. Might check that.

Datrio