Maintenance mode?

Jérémie Bouillon
Is there a "maintenance mode" in MediaWiki?

Something simple I can trigger so that nothing can be edited/added for a
while for a whole MW install, while I do some work on it ?

Re: Maintenance mode?

Florian Knorn
Why don't you just set all the respective user permissions to FALSE and
modifiy the "error"-message accordingly for the users + big announce on
front page?

Jérémie Bouillon wrote:
> Is there a "maintenance mode" in MediaWiki?
>
> Something simple I can trigger so that nothing can be edited/added for a
> while for a whole MW install, while I do some work on it ?

Re: Maintenance mode?

Rob Church
On 16/12/06, Jérémie Bouillon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there a "maintenance mode" in MediaWiki?
>
> Something simple I can trigger so that nothing can be edited/added for a
> while for a whole MW install, while I do some work on it ?

$wgReadOnly = "Fiddling about with the foobar setting.";

Rob Church
jdd

Re: Maintenance mode?

jdd
Rob Church a écrit :
> On 16/12/06, Jérémie Bouillon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Is there a "maintenance mode" in MediaWiki?
>>
>> Something simple I can trigger so that nothing can be edited/added for a
>> while for a whole MW install, while I do some work on it ?
>
> $wgReadOnly = "Fiddling about with the foobar setting.";

I added this at the end of Localsettings.php

$wgReadOnly = "Edition provisoirement suspendue" ;

?>

but this don't seems to forgive the editing of the wiki
http://fr.susewiki.org

is there some cache setting or apache restart necessary?
thanks
jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://dodin.org/mediawiki/index.php/GPS_Lowrance_GO

Re: Maintenance mode?

Rob Church
On 16/12/06, jdd <[hidden email]> wrote:
> but this don't seems to forgive the editing of the wiki
> http://fr.susewiki.org
>
> is there some cache setting or apache restart necessary?

Not that I know of; configuration settings ought to be applied at
once, unless there's some opcode caching weirdness happening, which
isn't an area I'm familiar with.

You *could* give Apache a graceful restart, and see if it helps...it
won't hurt, after all.

Rob Church
jdd

Re: Maintenance mode?

jdd
Rob Church a écrit :

> You *could* give Apache a graceful restart, and see if it helps...it
> won't hurt, after all.

I'm not the admin of that server, if not I would not have
asked :-(

jdd