Maintenance window for the Hadoop cluster - Tue Oct 15th 14:30 CET - 15:30 CET

Maintenance window for the Hadoop cluster - Tue Oct 15th 14:30 CET - 15:30 CET

Luca Toscano
Hi everybody,

the Analytics team is going to stop HDFS and Yarn services for a
(hopefully) brief time window tomorrow, Tue Oct 15th, from 14:30 to 15:30
CEST.

We are going to swap the Zookeeper cluster from the one currently used by
all the Kafka production services to a dedicated one within the Analytics
VLAN. More details in https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T217057

Side effects: the move should be transparent to all users, except the ones
relying on history in Yarn (for example, checking it via yarn.wikimedia.org).
The history is in fact stored in zookeeper, and to keep things simple we
are not copying znodes over to the new cluster. Please let us know if this
impacts you in any way.

As usual, if the time window affects your work please let us know and we'll
find a new maintenance window.

Thanks!

Luca (on behalf of the Analytics team).