Making PolyGerrit the default ui for gerrit

Making PolyGerrit the default ui for gerrit

Paladox
Hi, i have created this task [1] with i have uploaded this patch [2] to make polygerrit the default ui.
The reason why is upstream are preparing to remove the gwtui very soon. In matter of fact upstream have disabled the gwtui on *.googlesource.com. Upstream already have this change [3] to remove the ui. Making PolyGerrit the default ui will get new users use to the new ui.
GWTUI will still be available with ui switcher in the footer or you can append the url like https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/?polygerrit=0

PolyGerrit is stable, secure and also fast. It also has features that you cannot see in gwtui like user status, naming your patchiest (description), cc feature and also being able to tell who added you as a reviewer.
This email is advanced notice before we change the default ui.
any bugs todo with polygerrit / gerrit can be filled at https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/view/330/ and we can forward it upstream.

[1] https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T196812
[2] https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/c/operations/puppet/+/439444
[3] https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/c/gerrit/+/116790

Re: Making PolyGerrit the default ui for gerrit

Paladox
 The date to switch the default ui is next monday (18/06/18) which will give users plenty of time to give there opinion.
Users can still switch back to the old ui just the new ui is secure.
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T196812#4273184

    On Monday, 11 June 2018, 13:38:20 BST, Paladox <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Wikipedia Developers mailing list
 Hi, i got approval by releng to do this. I have set the date to next monday (06/08/2018).
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T196812#4474742

    On Tuesday, 12 June 2018, 18:10:49 BST, Paladox <[hidden email]> wrote:

  Delaying until after the sre offsite.
    On Tuesday, 12 June 2018, 17:42:02 BST, Paladox <[hidden email]> wrote:

  We will have to change the date to friday as  no ops will be around next week (from monday) for there offsite.
    On Monday, 11 June 2018, 18:55:59 BST, Paladox <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Martin Urbanec
Hello all,

Thank you for notifiyng me. I have switched several times to PolyGerrit and
because I need to do on web edits, at least of commit message, but I'd
appreciate editing files. It is slower to download a patch, amend locally
and push back.

It may be I'm blind, so no task yet, but because this is going to move
forward, I'm asking :).

Martin