Mapping between Wikidata and Google Knowledge Graph (ex-Freebase)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Mapping between Wikidata and Google Knowledge Graph (ex-Freebase)

Robert West
Hi all,

I was wondering what's the best way to get a mapping between Wikidata QIDs
and Google Knowledge Graph (ex-Freebase) MIDs.

We tried to extract the mapping from Wikidata, using the property
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P646, among others, but it doesn't
seem complete, with mappings for only 1.3 million entities -- much less
than the number of Wikidata entities.

Is there maybe a dedicated dataset or API for this mapping?

Alternatively, does anyone know of a way of querying the Google KG API [1]
directly with the name of a Wikipedia article (or with a Wikidata QID),
rather than an arbitrary plain-text string?

Thanks!
Bob

[1] https://developers.google.com/knowledge-graph
_______________________________________________
Wiki-research-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wiki-research-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mapping between Wikidata and Google Knowledge Graph (ex-Freebase)

Lydia Pintscher
On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 4:34 PM Robert West <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering what's the best way to get a mapping between Wikidata QIDs
> and Google Knowledge Graph (ex-Freebase) MIDs.
>
> We tried to extract the mapping from Wikidata, using the property
> https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P646, among others, but it doesn't
> seem complete, with mappings for only 1.3 million entities -- much less
> than the number of Wikidata entities.

It is expected that the numbers are not matched because not every
topic that now has an Item in Wikidata ever had a freebase entry and
vice versa. That being said it is quite possible that it's not
complete.

> Is there maybe a dedicated dataset or API for this mapping?

https://developers.google.com/freebase#freebase-wikidata-mappings
might be helpful for you.

> Alternatively, does anyone know of a way of querying the Google KG API [1]
> directly with the name of a Wikipedia article (or with a Wikidata QID),
> rather than an arbitrary plain-text string?
>
> Thanks!
> Bob


Cheers
Lydia

--
Lydia Pintscher - http://about.me/lydia.pintscher
Product Manager for Wikidata

Wikimedia Deutschland e.V.
Tempelhofer Ufer 23-24
10963 Berlin
www.wikimedia.de

Wikimedia Deutschland - Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e. V.

Eingetragen im Vereinsregister des Amtsgerichts Berlin-Charlottenburg
unter der Nummer 23855 Nz. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das
Finanzamt für Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/029/42207.

_______________________________________________
Wiki-research-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wiki-research-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mapping between Wikidata and Google Knowledge Graph (ex-Freebase)

Thomas Pellissier Tanon
Hi Bob!

Samsung did a more complete mapping:
https://github.com/Samsung/KnowledgeSharingPlatform/tree/master/sameas/freebase-wikidata
They matched the Freebase id with the Wikidata ids using the Wikipedia articles.
But it does not contain the statements added by hand by Wikidata contributors.

I made other mappings to load Freebase data into the Primary Sources tool.
Here is the additional data (I removed from it the data that were
already on Wikidata or in the Samsung mapping):
https://tools.wmflabs.org/wikidata-primary-sources/data/additional-mapping.pairs.gz
This mapping is done using shared external identifiers (Netflix, VIAF...).

About quality, my feeling is that the data in Wikidata is better than
the one provided by Samsung and that itself is better than my
additional mapping.

I hope it helps.

Cheers,

Thomas

Le jeu. 11 juin 2020 à 16:39, Lydia Pintscher
<[hidden email]> a écrit :

>
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 4:34 PM Robert West <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I was wondering what's the best way to get a mapping between Wikidata QIDs
> > and Google Knowledge Graph (ex-Freebase) MIDs.
> >
> > We tried to extract the mapping from Wikidata, using the property
> > https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P646, among others, but it doesn't
> > seem complete, with mappings for only 1.3 million entities -- much less
> > than the number of Wikidata entities.
>
> It is expected that the numbers are not matched because not every
> topic that now has an Item in Wikidata ever had a freebase entry and
> vice versa. That being said it is quite possible that it's not
> complete.
>
> > Is there maybe a dedicated dataset or API for this mapping?
>
> https://developers.google.com/freebase#freebase-wikidata-mappings
> might be helpful for you.
>
> > Alternatively, does anyone know of a way of querying the Google KG API [1]
> > directly with the name of a Wikipedia article (or with a Wikidata QID),
> > rather than an arbitrary plain-text string?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Bob
>
>
> Cheers
> Lydia
>
> --
> Lydia Pintscher - http://about.me/lydia.pintscher
> Product Manager for Wikidata
>
> Wikimedia Deutschland e.V.
> Tempelhofer Ufer 23-24
> 10963 Berlin
> www.wikimedia.de
>
> Wikimedia Deutschland - Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e. V.
>
> Eingetragen im Vereinsregister des Amtsgerichts Berlin-Charlottenburg
> unter der Nummer 23855 Nz. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das
> Finanzamt für Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/029/42207.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wiki-research-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wiki-research-l

_______________________________________________
Wiki-research-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wiki-research-l