Matching donations?

Renata St
Hey, are there going to be matching donations this year? (ie. I donate $x
and somebody donates the same $x to match my contribution).

If yes, I am going to tell my friends to wait.

Thanks,
Renata

Re: Matching donations?

Angela-5
On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 2:18 AM, Renata St <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hey, are there going to be matching donations this year? (ie. I donate $x
> and somebody donates the same $x to match my contribution).

Yes, if you're donating more than $100. Details at
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/FAQ/en#What_is_the_Omidyar_Network.3F

Angela

Re: Matching donations?

Takashi OTA-3
Hi lists,

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 12:01 PM, Angela <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Yes, if you're donating more than $100. Details at
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/FAQ/en#What_is_the_Omidyar_Network.3F

I'm planning to make a donation. According to fundraising core messages,
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2009/core_messages/en
matching donation duration is "limited time", while FAQ refers to
total amount of
matching donation, and not to duration.

I understood these circumstances as follows:
matching donation has already started (since fundraising campaign started),
and will end once it reached $500,000. Is it correct?

Q2. Donation from Omidyar Network will be matched donations between $100
and $9,999. I think: donations which is subject to matching donation
is not limited
to which is done by USD, but also will be applied to any other currencies
equivalent to that is between $100 and $9,999. Is that right?

Hope I understand correctly.....

--Takashi

Re: Matching donations?

Takashi OTA-3
Hi lists,

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 12:01 PM, Angela <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Yes, if you're donating more than $100. Details at
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/FAQ/en#What_is_the_Omidyar_Network.3F

I'm planning to make a donation. According to fundraising core messages,
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2009/core_messages/en
matching donation duration is "limited time", while FAQ refers to
total amount of
matching donation, and not to duration.

I understood these circumstances as follows:
matching donation has already started (since fundraising campaign started),
and will end once it reached $500,000. Is it correct?

Q2. Donation from Omidyar Network will be matched donations between $100
and $9,999. I think: donations which is subject to matching donation
is not limited
to which is done by USD only, but also will be applied to any other currencies
equivalent to that is between $100 and $9,999. Is that right?

Hope I understand correctly.....

--Takashi OTA