Math function

Ekompute .info
Hi, I get this error message when I used the <math> function:

*Failed to parse (Missing texvc executable; please see math/README to
configure.): PR(E).

According to my webhost, OCaml has been installed and I have added the
following to LocalSettings.php:

$wgUseTeX = true;
$wgUploadPath       = "images";
$wgUploadDirectory  = "images";
$wgAllowExternalImages = true;
$wgMathPath         = "{$wgUploadPath}/math";
$wgMathDirectory    = "{$wgUploadDirectory}/math";
$wgTmpDirectory     = "{$wgUploadDirectory}/tmp";

PM Poon
*

Re: Math function

Alex Zaddach
Ekompute .info wrote:

> Hi, I get this error message when I used the <math> function:
>
> *Failed to parse (Missing texvc executable; please see math/README to
> configure.): PR(E).
>
> According to my webhost, OCaml has been installed and I have added the
> following to LocalSettings.php:
>
> $wgUseTeX = true;
> $wgUploadPath       = "images";
> $wgUploadDirectory  = "images";
> $wgAllowExternalImages = true;
> $wgMathPath         = "{$wgUploadPath}/math";
> $wgMathDirectory    = "{$wgUploadDirectory}/math";
> $wgTmpDirectory     = "{$wgUploadDirectory}/tmp";
>
> PM Poon
> *

You also need to make the texvc executable, see the directions at
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Enable_TeX

--
Alex (wikipedia:en:User:Mr.Z-man)

Re: Math function

Ekompute .info
Hi Alex, thank you for referring me to the MediaWiki guidelines. I guess I
miss one step, i.e. run 'make'. My websites are running on Linux shared
webhosting and I still haven't learn how to do that step. Anyway, I have now
contacted my webhost to help me out on this. Thank you once again.

PM Poon