Measuring the usefulness of machine translating Wikipedia's Science sections into Swahili

Measuring the usefulness of machine translating Wikipedia's Science sections into Swahili

Olya Irzak
Hello,

I'm software engineer working in clean energy in sub-Saharan Africa.
Noticing that the availability of science / math / engineering information
on the internet in Swahili is very poor, and given the recent improvements
in Google Translate, I'm in the process of auto-translating the relevant
sections of Wikipedia and caching on another site to avoid bad grammar on
Wikipedia.  I will track usage and approximate the usefulness of current
state of machine translated pages for such sections.

I would love to hear what data and analysis would be useful for the
community on such a translation set.

I've created this page for more details and discussion:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Research:Judging_the_Usefulness_of_Automated_Translation_of_Science_/_Technology_/_Math_sections_starting_with_Swahili

Cheers,
Olya